Iowa game

Buglem

Was exchanging ideas on Twitter earlier about goggles for the red zone for the Iowa game. Said I'd be willing to help with some funding. I find the idea of the red zone decked out in safety goggles hysterical. Anyone else interested?

The bad thing is, the majority of the fans would have no clue why they are being worn.  

Really? I would think if you were paying attention at all you would have heard about this.

United Rentals?   :ph34r:

Try as I might to keep abreast from afar (well outside B1G's footprint) I too was clueless (my normal state), or forgot!  But, after reading a couple of comments (say, 49r's) I get the gist.   I'd hazard a guess that word would soon permeate PBA for anyone who didn't know the significance.  (I don't think it would take that many wearing goggles to make the point.)

The bad thing is, the majority of the fans would have no clue why they are being worn.  

Really? I would think if you were paying attention at all you would have heard about this.

But you pay attention to other college games Dimes.  I truly believe that the vast majority of our fans do not have a clue that this dude has a recent history of poking eyes.  In fact, I just walked across the hall and asked another Husker BB fan and he had no clue that Woodbury has this history.  And he does pay attention to college basketball, but not this site.  Just saying...

But you pay attention to other college games Dimes.  I truly believe that the vast majority of our fans do not have a clue that this dude has a recent history of poking eyes.  In fact, I just walked across the hall and asked another Husker BB fan and he had no clue that Woodbury has this history.  And he does pay attention to college basketball, but not this site.  Just saying...

tumblr_ly58i2Yrik1rniymoo1_500.gif

B9_2efDCMAAQAbK.jpg

This is a go.

If you're going to donate for the cause of student eye safety, please do the following by Thursday night if possible.

- Go to the front page. On the right hand side is a "Donate" button. Click this and send an amount. If this doesn't work, PM me.

- Send me a check/money. If you're going to do this, PM me.

I will purchase on Friday/Saturday and deliver before Sunday.

If someone has a viable lead on purchasing large quantities of eyewear before Saturday, please PM me as well. I think safety glasses might be cheaper put we'll see.

One point:  It's not so important that the fans understand the meaning behind it.  Adam will understand the meaning behind it and so will everyone else on the Iowa team.

One more point:  I get partial credit for the idea.  I was the one who first suggested that the team take to the floor at the beginning of the Iowa game with goggles on.

SO SCORE ONE FOR NORM!!!  :D

(Ouch, kinda hurt my shoulder patting myself on the back, there.  Need some icey-hot.)  :mellow:

Question, would I be able to get my hands on a pair of those drunk goggles they use for the drinking and driving thing they do every year? Or do I have to "acquire" drunk goggles the old fashion way?

You can order those via the internet. I'd suggest you go with your gut and make yourself an Old Fashion.

We should probably get this out there somehow. I believe this is his most recent 3 Stooges impersonation

Yup. Woodbury is face guarding guys with his comically short arms. 

Is he purposely poking guys in the eyes? Probably not. Is he putting his fingers into the face areas of opposing players and acting like it's not his fault guys' faces run into his fingers?  Yeah.

Question, would I be able to get my hands on a pair of those drunk goggles they use for the drinking and driving thing they do every year? Or do I have to "acquire" drunk goggles the old fashion way?

You can order those via the internet. I'd suggest you go with your gut and make yourself an Old Fashion.

I'll drink to that.

One point:  It's not so important that the fans understand the meaning behind it.  Adam will understand the meaning behind it and so will everyone else on the Iowa team.

One more point:  I get partial credit for the idea.  I was the one who first suggested that the team take to the floor at the beginning of the Iowa game with goggles on.

SO SCORE ONE FOR NORM!!!  :D

(Ouch, kinda hurt my shoulder patting myself on the back, there.  Need some icey-hot.)  :mellow:

Geesh Norm when I saw that you'd typed ouch, I figured you'd poked yourself in the eye reaching around to pat your back.