2015 Husker Baseball

HB

Well thats it for an at-large bid. Just a bad baseball team right now. One regional in 4 years is unacceptball.

We will need to sweep Illinois to feel good about any sort of postseason happening. That's unlikely to happen. The Erstad hire was a feel good hire with him being a great Husker and very good MLB player. But in reality....with 1 year of coaching under his belt as a volunteer assistant he had zero business getting this job. It still may work out, but to date there are still more question marks than answers.

It will be a cold one at the park today; I suspect we'll see a couple balls at least carried out of the park to right field with a very strong north wind.  Lets just hope all of those are hit by Huskers.  

It's too bad we had really good pitchers this year but below average hitters.  Erstad needs to recruit better hitters.  Especially some that can hit a long ball. 

I honestly don't believe it's a talent issue out of the starting lineup.  But more so a philosophy and development issue.  Unless something changes...we are never going to be a long ball hitting team under Erstad.  Which is fine, if your team can string together hits and is built with good speed.  This team can't on a consistent basis, nor does it have great speed.  Things could get really interesting next year with losing our top two starters and our closer out of the pen...and likely our set up man(Howell.)  In addition to this...we lose the middle of our lineup and I'm not sure Erstad really has anyone on the current roster to replace them.   

So, I guess it's time to stop being excited about the Huskers then?

Given how the last month has played out...I would say yes. Perhaps they will win the Big Ten tourney. But with how they are currently playing that seems unlikely. And with what we lose off this years team combined with what Erstad has shown so far I think next year will be more of the same.

Went to that game today.  Good crowd for a Monday game in crappy weather.    We have good fans.    Team didn't earn that support today.  Very poor effort, very poor execution.    Looked like a team that was done.   Hope that isn't the case.  

We're consistently getting beat by teams with half the support, half the facilities and half the history of us. I like Erstad as a person, but damn if it doesn't appear hes in over his head. Really hate the feeling of having to wait another 1-2 years for us to to get a feel on Erstad and wait another 2 to rebuild if we get a new coach. 

Wouldn't be surprised if we had to wait 4 years to see us in a regional again.

We're consistently getting beat by teams with half the support, half the facilities and half the history of us. I like Erstad as a person, but damn if it doesn't appear hes in over his head. Really hate the feeling of having to wait another 1-2 years for us to to get a feel on Erstad and wait another 2 to rebuild if we get a new coach.

Wouldn't be surprised if we had to wait 4 years to see us in a regional again.

If we fail to make a regional in the next two years....I would hope and expect Erstad gets the axe. I was blasted on here by guys like Bugeater when I stated I wasn't sure Erstad was the correct hire. Not calling him a failure as of yet....but his tenure has been pretty disappointing. And with who is leaving the team after this year I'm not confident next year will be much better. Hell, maybe they will win the Big TEN tournament but this collapse is just downright terrible.

Count me in the category of shock if Erstad were to be fired.  We certainly laid an egg in the last quarter of the season, but things could have been a whole lot different with the addition of a couple of big bats.  I would agree that we need to find those bats...and soon.  If not, then I could see a change on the horizon.

Count me in the category of shock if Erstad were to be fired. We certainly laid an egg in the last quarter of the season, but things could have been a whole lot different with the addition of a couple of big bats. I would agree that we need to find those bats...and soon. If not, then I could see a change on the horizon.

He's not going to get fired. Not this year at least. If the team fails to make a regional the next couple years then I think things could get interesting. He's going to have to do a much better job developing talent and a much better job recruiting to his philosophy going forward if this program is going to be anything under him.