Whoever can tweet

nuhusker7

The student's sitting behind the basket need a lesson on what constitutes a good distraction during a free throw.  Here's a hint....it's not bending over and pounding the bleachers/floor.  That just makes noise.  Division I players are used to shooting FT's during noise. It's harder to concentrate if there are visual distractions.  Wave your hands back and forth, CONSTANTLY.  Don't do that pansy thing where 350 of you all hold your hands to the right and then try to perfectly time it to move all your hands to the left just as the shooter releases the ball.  Statistically, that almost guarantees they will make it.  Do the Daniel Bryan constant hands up in the air..and yell out "No! No! No!"  Do the friggin' Harlem Shake or ride the pony Gangnam Style....But tighten it up and GBR!

The student's sitting behind the basket need a lesson on what constitutes a good distraction during a free throw.  Here's a hint....it's not bending over and pounding the bleachers/floor.  That just makes noise.  Division I players are used to shooting FT's during noise. It's harder to concentrate if there are visual distractions.  Wave your hands back and forth, CONSTANTLY.  Don't do that pansy thing where 350 of you all hold your hands to the right and then try to perfectly time it to move all your hands to the left just as the shooter releases the ball.  Statistically, that almost guarantees they will make it.  Do the Daniel Bryan constant hands up in the air..and yell out "No! No! No!"  Do the friggin' Harlem Shake or ride the pony Gangnam Style....But tighten it up and GBR!

Yes, the pounding on the bleachers just SCREAMS high school team to me. I agree that the FT distractions definitely need some work. That said, opponents at PBA do have some of the worst FT shooting in the conference.

Call out the red zone.

Although I'm sure I'm preaching at the choir with this, three fourths of the red zone can quick being ******** (pick your own) and be a true student

#toomuchvodkainmykoolaid

I think I would call out the teams shooting first.  Man we struggle with that small aspect of the game.

I do want to say that I really enjoyed that some of the courtside black chairs were into it last night. They stood and yelled, one time a dad had to grab his son as he was kind of "wandering" onto the court after the noncall after the Benny drive.

Once that place gets going it can be loud and fun, it just has to get warmed up.

I do want to say that I really enjoyed that some of the courtside black chairs were into it last night. They stood and yelled, one time a dad had to grab his son as he was kind of "wandering" onto the court after the noncall after the Benny drive.

Once that place gets going it can be loud and fun, it just has to get warmed up.

I thought the non-conference season was the foreplay. We're in conference play. The fans shouldn't need to be warmed up.

I thought the non-conference season was the foreplay. We're in conference play. The fans shouldn't need to be warmed up.

Is the PBA reverting back to the Bob days?

Only if you're talking the 90s

When less than 10,000 people show up for a conference game then we have problems

Not yet, but we do seem to wait for the team to do something to get the place really going, or a bad call helps.;)

Not even in the slightest. I remember our really bad year under Doc when we had only two conference wins. One was in OT - over Texas Tech maybe? and the crowd STRUGGLED to get to its feet in the last minute of the game. A chance at the first conference win of the year! 

Compare that to last night where we were looking terrible all first half, and yet, I thought the crowd stayed as much into it as realistically possible.

Not yet, but we do seem to wait for the team to do something to get the place really going, or a bad call helps. ;)

As funny/sad as it is, it's so true. A bad call seems to get the crowd riled up more than almost anything else!

Not yet, but we do seem to wait for the team to do something to get the place really going, or a bad call helps. ;)

As funny/sad as it is, it's so true. A bad call seems to get the crowd riled up more than almost anything else!

If that was the case about bad calls, the crowd should have been going all night. Because some of the replays were really really piss poor.

I remember when the two guys in front of me at the Bob only stood for the national anthem and when the free t-shirts or red basketball where thrown into the crowd. Only noise that they made all night too. Every game.