NIT

kldm64

The fat Herbie correct?

ALL BOUT THAT BASS

ClassicHerbie.jpg

I seem to recall a series of sport specific fat Herbies though but I couldn't find them with a simple GIS.

It's been a long time, but IIRC, there was one with Herbie wearing a white hoops uniform spinning a basketball on his finger, and one of him in a red singlet for wrestling.  Possibly even a baseball one with him wearing pinstripes???  Anybody else remember these?

Of course I could just be imagining things, too.

The fat Herbie correct?

ALL BOUT THAT BASS

ClassicHerbie.jpg

I seem to recall a series of sport specific fat Herbies though but I couldn't find them with a simple GIS.

It's been a long time, but IIRC, there was one with Herbie wearing a white hoops uniform spinning a basketball on his finger, and one of him in a red singlet for wrestling.  Possibly even a baseball one with him wearing pinstripes???  Anybody else remember these?

Of course I could just be imagining things, too.

No, you are right, I remember all of those except that baseball one.  It probably existed, I just don't remember it specifically,

Those voltage uniforms were the shit back in the day:

Voltage-Minnesota.jpg

I can't find any other images but I'm pretty sure Cincinnati had them and there were a number of others that had them too.  Like I want to say Oklahoma and maybe Texas?

I know Oklahoma and Georgia had them.  I did not remember Minnesota at all, but I'm pretty sure Texas didn't.  I used to know all the schools that had them, there were 8 schools that wore them IIRC.

Voltage-Minnesota.jpg

I can't find any other images but I'm pretty sure Cincinnati had them and there were a number of others that had them too.  Like I want to say Oklahoma and maybe Texas?

I know Oklahoma and Georgia had them.  I did not remember Minnesota at all, but I'm pretty sure Texas didn't.  I used to know all the schools that had them, there were 8 schools that wore them IIRC.

That's a picture of Bobby Jackson FYI. Led the Gophs to the '97 Final Four, then had all victories vacated due to academic fraud scandal. Thanks Clem! Oh, I too remember the Herbie in different attire. Hoops had him on the leg of the shorts spinning the Rock!

Voltage-Minnesota.jpg

That's a picture of Bobby Jackson FYI. Led the Gophs to the '97 Final Four, then had all victories vacated due to academic fraud scandal. Thanks Clem! Oh, I too remember the Herbie in different attire. Hoops had him on the leg of the shorts spinning the Rock!

And, there is a Nebraska & a Husker connection there as well:  Bobby Jackson went to JUCO with Bernard Garner at Western Nebraska!