Transfer Marcus Marshall (Missouri St.) -> Nevada

Huskerbb73

Funny no Iowa St.  I would love to have Marshall for a year; I've seen him play a few times and when he gets going he can really light it up.  It's interesting that we desperately need bigs but we also need better 3 point shooting.  

IMO our roster will truly take shape the way Miles wants it two years from now.  By then Morrow, Jacobsen and hopefully Hammond will be able to provide the needed muscle down low.  We look pretty set for longer, athletic wings.  I hope we can nail down a guard or two that are dead eye three point shooters.  Is Glynn more of a floor general type PG or does he had good range on the 3?  With Tai, Tarin and Benny on the roster it would be very nice to have a guard that can consistently make you pay from the perimeter.

Keep in mind that 8 players have left Missouri St in 3-1/2 yrs w/ this particular coach. You never know why this situation occurred, could be a common deal there to have friction w/ the head man.

I'd be very interested if you're Nebrasketball, especially if Terran were to go pro. Gotta get another good offensive performer in here on the perimeter...

I don't think we have the roster attrition to grab a guy like this if a big man is also available and we have a spot.

I also don't know if we have a previous relationship... which always helps.

Where he ends up depends on his eligibility...if he can graduate he can be a lot more choosy about his team.

He certainly might have a bit of an attitude problem but you can say the same thing about his former coach.

If you don't want this guy-- I don't think you have watched us try to score lately? He would walk in and average 12+ easy next year. He would get so many open looks with TP/Shavon/White.... He could be a difference maker.

It's not a matter of not wanting a guy who obviously has shown a skill set in Div I that our current roster lacks.

Assuming he doesn't have to sit a year and then is interested in playing for us, what are you giving up to get him? Do you take him over a 6'9+ kid if we have a spot and both lined up?  I just don't see all the stars aligning here. 

I do like hearing about the coaching staff being pro-active with this stuff because we have yet to fill all of our scholarships during a season

• 3 weeks later...

Dump benny, take this guy. In 2016-2017 (since he has to sit out 15-16) let him start at SG, with watson or tarin smith at the PG spot, White III (senior) at SF, Morrow at PF, and Hammond at Center. That's an NCAA tourney lineup. 

maybe upgrade the center spot w/ next year's class to be sure 

You want to trade a hard worker whose stuck it out with this program for a guy with a bad attitude and probably a head case as well?  Nah... I will keep Benny.

Yeah, for a team that appears to have a fragile or fractured psyche, it would be a mistake to take on players with character issues, no matter how well he shoots.

Maybe he and his coach didn't get along, it seemed to happen A LOT with this team! Hard to categorize all those transfers on the individual & not implicate the coach, especially when there have been 8 transfers in less than 4 years.

Dump benny, take this guy. In 2016-2017 (since he has to sit out 15-16) let him start at SG, with watson or tarin smith at the PG spot, White III (senior) at SF, Morrow at PF, and Hammond at Center. That's an NCAA tourney lineup. 

You want to trade a hard worker whose stuck it out with this program for a guy with a bad attitude and probably a head case as well?  Nah... I will keep Benny.

I wouldn't. ISU took dejean jones who had a bad rep @ UNLV. he's done nothing but great things at isu. This team needs to get better, badly.

I wouldn't. ISU took dejean jones who had a bad rep @ UNLV. he's done nothing but great things at isu. This team needs to get better, badly.

If he were eligible next year like BDJ was then I'd consider it but he would have to sit a year and its not worth it at this point in time.

Ya I would dump Benny and take this guy in a heart beat.... Attitude issues and all. 45% from 3 & 19ppg. Sad thing is I'm probably in the minority...

The sad thing is you think its a sad thing. These are young men representing their university. They are not professional athletes where you move people in and out because its a business. You're talking about "dumping" someone who has (not counting the Iowa game) always represented his school well in all areas. If winning means selling your soul and using people up and spitting them out when you're done with them, then that's not a program I would want to root for. I would rather support a team that has integrity and makes the effort to do things the right way even if that means I don't receive the instant gratification of winning now at all costs. Some costs are too high and treating people decently shouldn't be the high mark it should be expected. 

And your reference to "Attitude issues and all" makes me think you've never tried to guide a team with attitude issues. Do I need to reference the Biggs situation?