WBB: Game #20 vs Illinois

Row6Seat10

Havers put in excelent minutes, both on defense, and offense. Scored well, got rebounds, and again, was successful agravating the bigs inside. Driving to the basket dosen't seem to be part of her game.....is it by design?

Turnovers drove me crazy. But we were determined and slowly (very) we caught up. IL fouls finally worked in our favor. They had to back off in the second half, and that kind of opened the door. Rachel is in a funk.....no doubt, but she'll overcome it.

Il has some good players....if they get a little deeper they'll be even tougher.

Our bench (verses theirs) was the difference....finally....and it was good to see.

i listened to the matt and jeff announce the game. didn't get to see video, so, went over to huskers.com and checked out the highlights:   http://www.huskers.com/mediaPortal/player.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=100&id=3692059

the part i got the most kick out of was natalie romeo's reaction when three seniors (cady, T, and sample) came to celebrate laudermill's layup +1 with the foul. natalie started to make a move, but, really seemed unsure and then cady and hallie showed up and she just kinda backed off like, "oh, those are the seniors---i better not interrupt their celebration". i just got a chuckle out of that portion of the highlights.

Not sure why the Illinois assistant Mike Divilbiss didn't get assessed with a technical the way he carried on all through out the game. On one occasion in the first half he was all the way to the free throw line waving his arms and yelling at the refs. I noticed the Frankenstein looking  ref warned him a couple of times but that didn't seem to phase him. Divilbiss's actions are getting a bad name through out the conference and the way Bollant took off after the officials after the final buzzer they could very well start looking into that kind of behavior also.

I would hope that Theriot could be rested a little in these games.  She has to be wearing down and I believe she tends to be a liability on defense.  Am I completely off base?

We are going to have trouble handling Goree (sp?) against Michigan...big game to win as the East Coast trip is going to be very hazardous.

I would hope that Theriot could be rested a little in these games.  She has to be wearing down and I believe she tends to be a liability on defense.  Am I completely off base?

We are going to have trouble handling Goree (sp?) against Michigan...big game to win as the East Coast trip is going to be very hazardous.

Not completely off base.....

Not just Rachel.....we at times have looked tired. And sure it hurts about every phase of a players game. Yesterday playing Mich. they seemed to have more energy...especially in the second half...obviously. I think Rachel played 40 min.....she's got to get rest.

She may seem like Super women...but with Romeo and Smith getting up to speed, give Rachel a couple of breaks.  Easy to say.....we've got some tough games ahead on the road.