Guide to the HHC / Getting Started

hhcmatt

Starting your account

You should be able to register at this page

After registration you should receive an email within 5 minutes though typically it will be immediately to validate the account. If you don't receive the email, it might have gone to your spam folder so check there.

If you don't receive a reply about the account it's possible you miskeyed your email or something else. Send an email to [email protected] if you can't get logged in

Managing your account.

This is controlled at the top right of the board by clicking on your name.

1kmmS.jpg

Here is a list of what you can do.

• Update your profile (what's on your mind) - You can put whatever update or announcement or thought you want here and it will so up on the top right of the forum front page. If you associate your account with Twitter or Facebook, you can also check the box and have them show up in these locations as well!

• My Profile - A summary page that allows you to access all the settings at once instead of individually as follows.

• My Content - Allows you to find all posts, topics, gallery images, and articles that you have contributed to the site

• Manage Ignore Prefs - Finally you have the option to simply ignore/block users if you don't like what they have to say. You have the option to block their posts, signature, messages, or chats

• My Gallery - You can upload images to a gallery for use on the site. We ask that you don't upload copywrited images nor images to use for other sites. We'll take all the game footage you take and would love to feature it on the site.

• My Settings - Allows you to customize your profile, your email and password, change your display name, update you signature, change Ignore Preferences, setup your account to connect/login with Google, Facebook and/or Twitter, change your notification options, change your photo and set your Time Zone.

• Content I Follow -Every topic has a "Follow me" button at the top. This allows you to be notified when posts are made. The content I follow link is a centralized location to find all of the topics that you follow.

• Personal Messenger - Send or receive personal messages here.

Adding Audio/Video/Tweets to the site

We currently support embedding the following by simply adding a link

• Youtube
  • Google Video
  • MySpace Video
  • GameTrailiers
  • Flickr Image Set
  • MP3s
  • Flash Movie
  • Vimeo
  • Tweet

• 3 weeks later...