Need a big ready to play in 2016, any ideas?

reddan

This spring signing period, Miles is going to need to pull a frickin' rabbit out of his hat.  With White being a shooter, I'd say biggest need is a tall dude who can bang in the middle.

I agree, Norm.  But doesn't it seem quiet on that front?  No hearing much about a coach being out recruiting, etc.  I realize it may look unseemly since we don't have any open ships currently, but if we're going to add anyone we need to get active now.  Perhaps they are and are just more stealthy than normal.

We've had a couple of threads during the year about big men. We don't tend to advertise our overrecruiting during the season (or in general)

There is going to be plenty of action come this summer between guys looking for homes and transfers. We'll see what type of space we have.

yeah, but last year there was a great deal of pub with the recruiting of Dickerson, among others, and coaches being out recruiting, etc.  Perhaps we weren't technically "overrecruiting", but still, I would expect more to be out there this year.   We may not tend to advertise the in-season recruiting, but in this day and age it usually gets out through social media or somewhere else if we have a coach in a gym.  

Dickerson was us scrambling to fill a recruiting class. So was Tarin. We have 2+ Jucos we've looked at. Right now we can't necessarily offer a guy because that says someone is gone which is what i mean by not advertising....i mean we don't advertise overrecruiting which is something that we need to do.

We're hosting a 2017 kid. We're forward looking and I think we have some backup plans in place should a spot for a big man open up.

• 4 weeks later...

He could be if he gets his 3 point stroke going and going often.

Ha. And so could Benny! Or anyone else!

But in all seriousness, I hope he becomes a knock down shooter, but he hasn't shown that to this point.

You may be right but Miles hasn't given him a lot of opportunity in games to prove it.  At this point, after watching us abuse the rims in any gym we stepped foot into, I am willing to give him more of a chance. 

Hearing about a 7' juco which the staff is very confident on, anyone want to take a shot at whom it is

Okay...I will give it one shot...I looked up non-committed JUCO Centers that are 7'.  One seemed to jump out, he is in a Illinois JC...his name is Andrew  Zelis.

Take this for what its worth.  I hear we are in on 2 JUCO bigs and NU may have 2 guys leaving.  Got some good info on TP as well. Coaches working hard to keep him here, but TP is wishy/washy on the decision. Will be interesting to see what happens after he goes home to visit family.