2016 SG Kwe Parker

hskr4life

This kid has been pretty famous on social media for awhile now.  I've followed him for about a year or so, and he would definitely be a huge get.  The kid is explosive.  He would easily be the best dunker this program has ever seen.  I'm not saying we're only interested in his dunking ability, don't get me wrong.  But the kid can play some basketball, and he would be huge for the future of the program.

Marques Bolden says, hey, listen, Coach Miles, I need to know that you're going after a top-shelf shooting guard so that I'll have some other good players around me if I go there.

Tim calls back and says, hey, how about Kwe Parker?  Would that be top shelf enough for you?

Marques pauses and says Oh.  Yeah, that'd be good.  Go big or go home, right?*

*  The above conversation came from the imagination of Norm Peterson. 

No way Nebraska could get him. My heart started pumping faster and faster watching him dunk!! Haha.

Why could Nebraska not get him?

I was just saying that because my heart was going crazy. Never thought Nebraska would be looking at a guy that could do that. Figure Bigger teams would jump on him.

The big time schools have time to offer him.  They are working on the top 30 guys and will slowly work their way down to guys in this tier of 30-75.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

How do we currently stand with this guy? Are we even in the running still?

He's a guy with 14k+ tweets so it would seem unlikely he would make a college visit without tweeting about it repeatedly...at this point there are no visits anywhere listed.  The first step would be getting him here on a visit.

I'd guess that he stays on the East Coast but you never know. I'd put our odds at pretty low.

• 1 month later...