Free Throw Shooting

I didn't read the game thread so I apologize if this was discussed, but I am astounded how much worse Terran is at FT shooting this year. He shot 2-7 last night, dropping to 66.7% on the season. He was an 81.9% FT shooter last year. I have absolutely no idea how such a big drop-off can occur at the most basic shot in basketball. You learn to take free throws in elementary school and the shot never changes your entire career! Thoughts?

I think he is going to be fine at the line.  He may be pressing a bit, and when he settles in, we will see the old TP at the line.  He also had a few mind games going last night...a few demons going on in the noggin, so to speak.  Just from an observation perspective, he didn't have any feel/touch at all.  Even when he made a shot, his body language seemed to tell me he was surprised. 

As cwg said, it's almost certainly mental. FTs usually are.

Petteway has always shot FTs quickly, taking very little set up time, but it almost seems to me like he's going even faster the past couple of weeks. Maybe slowing down just a touch would help. With all of the video options the coaches & players have, if he is speeding up a bit, it won't take them long to compare this season to last season & get it fixed.

I agree that Petteway really bent his knees much more than before. I watched him in warmups and all he did was shot free throws.

When I started watching him, he missed five in a row badly and I was getting a little sick to my stomach. Then, he swished 11 in a row until they went back to the locker room. Oh what a relief it was to see that.