Because there's no game today, and because we just got a new commit ...

30 Petteway

30 Shields

27 Pitchford

25 White

23 Parker

18 Smith

15 Hammond

12 Morrow

10 Webster

I think since Benny is a senior we will redshirt Glynn Watson so he can split time with Smith

Watson is not redshirting. He's the 8th best point guard in his class. wouldn't be surprised if he was a starter
But if you save him a year, he can play as Starter/Back up as freshmen with one team mate who will be a junior meaning Watson could be a starter for at least two years.

You don't redshirt Watson to play Parker for a year????  That doesn't accomplish anything.  I would image that Watson and Smith will share the PG duties next year and Parker will go back to getting 10 minutes or less a game.  Can't see any reason to play him much more than that if Watson turns out to be as good as advertised.

No way a senior who has played all 4 years will get 10 minutes or less a game.  Now 20+ minutes is also a stretch, but no way he goes from key role player to starter and then poof benchwarmer.

If the talent coming in is better than him he will......  I think most people agree that Smith has closed the gab on Parker and in my opinion should be getting more minutes then Penny.  I can assume that Smith will move ahead of Parker by next season and if Watson is as good as we all hope he is, then he probably quickly moves ahead of Benny which drops he down to 3rd in the PG rotation.  Most people in that position get around 10 minutes a game or so.  I think there will be games he plays more minutes and some games less but anticipating that is about the average he will get per game.  That leaves 15 minutes each for Watson and Smith which seems about right.

30 Not Menke

30 Not Menke

27 Not Menke

25 Not Menke

23 Not Menke

18 Not Menke

15 Not Menke

12 Not Menke

10 Not Menke

Next year's team is dead to me.

Taking Menke's graduation kinda hard, there.  It's OK.  Maybe they'll bring him back as a GA.

That would guarantee a trip to the NCAA tournament!  Mark it down!  Make it happen!

I think we will play quite a bit of the games without a true point next year. 

Which players would you consider "true points"?  Which players who play point would you not consider "true points"?

I ask because I might or might not agree with you depending on who you're calling a true point.

Smith and Parker.  Not sure on Watson yet. 

Which players would you consider "true points"?  Which players who play point would you not consider "true points"?

I ask because I might or might not agree with you depending on who you're calling a true point.

How do you not consider Watson a true Point Guard?

Well, and if Watson is a true point and so are Smith and Parker, I'd have to disagree with the statement that "I think we will play quite a bit of the games without a true point next year."  I mean, I'm not sure how many minutes we'd log next year without one of those three on the floor but I doubt it'll be a ton.

I believe he has some combo guard talents.  Not sure how you can consider him to be a true point type for sure the way our offense functions.  I hope I am right.  We need him to be able to score. 

Well, and if Watson is a true point and so are Smith and Parker, I'd have to disagree with the statement that "I think we will play quite a bit of the games without a true point next year."  I mean, I'm not sure how many minutes we'd log next year without one of those three on the floor but I doubt it'll be a ton.

I didn't say a ton.  I said quite a bit.  And I think that will be the case if Petteway is still here.  We will have good enough ball handling to allow for a longer better shooting group IMO.  Our best outfit will not likely be one with a limited scoring true point guard.  And that is why I feel we will see a taller longer more equipped scoring outift, especailly when we play teams that have post presence.  Will be interesting to see how it shakes out as Miles will certainly have more options next year than we have seen in quite some time if Petteway comes back.  Petteway Shields White Morrow Pitchford type of lineup excites the hell of out me. 

I didn't say a ton.  I said quite a bit.  And I think that will be the case if Petteway is still here.  We will have good enough ball handling to allow for a longer better shooting group IMO.  Our best outfit will not likely be one with a limited scoring true point guard.  And that is why I feel we will see a taller longer more equipped scoring outift, especailly when we play teams that have post presence.  Will be interesting to see how it shakes out as Miles will certainly have more options next year than we have seen in quite some time if Petteway comes back.  Petteway Shields White Morrow Pitchford type of lineup excites the hell of out me. 

OK, thanks for explaining.  I see what you mean and Petteway would probably like an opportunity to audition as a point guard.  He's already working hard at trying to up his assist numbers while still shouldering a scoring load.  He just needs to learn to use his left hand more effectively.

I still harbor some hope that Walt can develop a post-up game that would allow him to play more of a big man role.  He would be deadly in the pick-and-pop if he was also a threat underneath.  Frustrating as hell seeing an athletic 6'10" guy out there with virtually not low post game at all.

Play the best players. Never "save" anyone for a different year. Redshirt only if a guy ain't gonna get any minutes.

McVeigh.

And just in case my meaning wasn't clear, what I meant by that was that with next year's roster being pretty loaded everywhere except the post, McVeigh would be a good candidate for a redshirt.