Jack McVeigh is N

hhctony

Other than Watson, it seems like all of Miles' current recruits are rather uniform (not sure if this is good or not)

Watson     5'11"

White        6'7"

Marrow     6'7"

McVeigh   6'7"

Jacobson  6'8"

Agua???   6'8"

Roby        6'8"

Pinder      6'8"

I think the plan is to advise Tai Webster to transfer after the season and maybe Jacob Hammond. And Then go after hard a Center Senior transfer or hit the JUCO route for a Center.

no...please no... Lets continue to Let Tai and Hammond Develop the senior transfer route is terrible and not a best route, and if you've been following the Recruiting board you know whats in the juco field..ITS NOT GOOD

Here's a video Kamdy posted over on the recruiting thread of McVeigh against Jonah Bolden.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SY4HPATI3eI

For comparison purposes, here's a HS mixtape of Jarrod Uthoff.  About the same size and build.  Uthoff might have been older when the video of him was filmed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQFhc2y75ew

I'd hate to see Hammond go. While he's clearly not ready, he looks like he has pretty good movement skills for a big, so that's something to build off of.

As for Tai, if he left I don't think it'd bother me at all. Hopefully he turns it around and makes me eat crow.

Yup.

I wish Hammond could have redshirted.  Him redshirting means Leslee Smith doesn't get hurt, which would be great by itself.  But it also would have given him a bit of time to add some weight and bulk before hitting the floor and being judged as a failure by someone casting an early ballot on here.  Way way waaaay to early to write off Hammond.

Redirecting this back to Jack McVeigh ...

Where is he now?  Is he going to school in Australia?  Or, since this is summer down there, is he out of school waiting for college to start?

I wish there was some way in heck we could get him to the states now, place him in a prep school for 2nd semester, and get him started playing American basketball.  He needs to play for some kind of American team soon.  Squeeze a little of the foreign style of play out of him.  He also needs to experience upper level competition.  Even just as a practice player. 

Do they have any room at Sunrise Christian?

Also, is he academically good to go?  Pinder had to go juco b/c his academics weren't in order.  Is McVeigh OK?

Dont we already have the best from down under in the 2013 class, Tai Webster.

I just dont think the talent is that good or other colleges would of offered him to and only LSU has shown interest but I dont think he had a offer from them

Kids without geography skills.  Webster is NOT from Australia.  He is from New Zealand.  The competition is not even close.

Dont we already have the best from down under in the 2013 class, Tai Webster.

I just dont think the talent is that good or other colleges would of offered him to and only LSU has shown interest but I dont think he had a offer from them

Kids without geography skills.  Webster is NOT from Australia.  He is from New Zealand.  The competition is not even close.

He didn't say Australia, he said down under.  If you don't think New Zealand is "down under" maybe you need the geography lesson.

On a side note, a poster at rivals said Akoy Agau no longer has an offer.