Scouting Iowa

hhcmatt

A little bit better matchup for the Huskers though not great and on the road

Hawkeyes are another team that doesn't put you on the line but they shoot the three as well as the Huskers (not good).  Basically you have to keep tabs on Jarred Uthoff and his 40% shooting and hope everyone stays on their season numbers.  The pack defense will be in effect.

The Huskers will need to use the same effort/strategy for keeping Iowa and their slew of big men off the boards on both ends of the court.

Iowa got a reality check from the North Florida coach which they followed up by thumping OSU - http://thegazette.com/subject/sports/north-florida-coach-scouts-iowa-and-wow-20141223

The Iowa guards can't really shoot. You can't just leave them open but we can't bite on pump fakes. 

So glad you said that. People come out of the wood works to bicker when we struggle but very few people seem to post when we win. Kind of sad that people would rather bicker than celebrate and be happy. Some people live apparently in a negative way which is kind of sad in itself. Too many pessimistic people, and not enough optimistic people.

The good news is that Iowa is nowhere near as athletic as Indiana.  That said, they are much bigger than Indiana.  In my mind it will come down to how well Iowa shoots the ball, if they are hot, then look out.  And again, if they shoot and miss and we cannot rebound the misses, that will be a problem as well. 

I hope we shoot the ball well and I hope we come out with the eye of the tiger.  I would love it if we can kick butts and take names.

FSU is maybe the biggest team in the country and we all know how that turned out...

FSU is 8-6 wit only 1 win vs a power conf school. They prolly ain't that good so I am not sure that's a good comparison

Iowa gots some issues at PG but has some good posts. This may be a trap game for em doe coming off their big win. Wonder what kinda crowd gonna come out for a late start in dis cold

Need a Northern Iowa-type shooting effort (14-for-51) from the field from the Hawkeyes. Certainly doable. Many different outcomes in this one if you ask me. I can see a way for us to win and a way for us to get run out of the gym. Let's see if they can guard TP and Shields though. Would love to see those to aggressively attacking the hoop and shooting free throws.

Nebraska will lose. We don't have enough on the post and we really miss Ray Gallegos. I just don't hink we give ourselves enough chances with the lack of rebounding in the post.

I dint think the rebounding issues get fixed next year, either.

I think we have more of a rebounding effort like against Cincinnati because the Hawkeyes are Nebraska bad at shooting 3s.

I'm a lot more concerned about turnovers in this game.

• 1 month later...

This was an active thread!

Iowa has gone 5-6 since beating us in Iowa City.

Their offense has been just as efficient since before conference but their defensive plays has really slacked off.

They're still generating FTs and grabbing offensive rebounds. Their shooting percentages have gone up but they don't attempt a ton of 3s.

On the defensive side they're soft on the boards and they don't pressure the ball much. They won't foul a ton but we should generate some contact.

Uthoff and Jok take the most 3s and make them at a 40%+ rate. Everyone else you can live with shooting from outside.

Aaron White is a human foul generator. Olaseni is up there as well. In 3rd place is Woodbury and his 58% FT shooting. If you need to foul someone late in the game, he's your guy.