7 PLAYERS ISNT GETTING IT DONE

Indiana, Creighton, Hawaii ect all played more than 8 guys and kept guys fresh to beat us down the stretch.  Nebraska has ran the wheels off this team and the players looked tired last night.

Players loose concentration and shots are usually short when they are fatigued.

Coach Miles needs to see the big picture and pacing your team so they still have legs with 8 minutes left in a game to go for the wins.

You need to develop your bench just not give up on them.  You recruited these players and to leave them to rot on the bench doesn't help the big picture of the season when its clear the team needs some help.. 

I'm not saying the reserves need 15 to 20 minutes but 5-8 minutes could help the overall team be more fresh and you need to trust and use your bench to win games.

I watch Michigan yesterday they have been having troubles too and they used alot of their bench to find different combinations and it worked.

I have not thought that Fuller and/or Hammonds were that negative to the overall team when they were in, 

it would be nice if we could play more, and we will if Leslie can go at all and when Moses comes back. Could have 9 guys playing at least spot minutes then. 

If you watch more than offense (average fan doesn't), Fuller gets exposed badly.  Last night he was trying mightily to get some boards, but each time he got beat by a much more athletic player. Pretty sure the coaches feel Hammonds and Fuller can't defend at this level, or they would be playing them.  Pretty sure coaches watch every practice so they are in a better position to know who can be on the floor than the fans. 

I don't like a 7 man lineup either.  Frankly, I don't like Benny getting 30+ minutes either.  But that's what we have now.  This will have to get solved through recruiting.   And what I saw in November, and what is happening since then, is encouraging.

it would be nice if we could play more, and we will if Leslie can go at all and when Moses comes back. Could have 9 guys playing at least spot minutes then. 

If you watch more than offense (average fan doesn't), Fuller gets exposed badly.  Last night he was trying mightily to get some boards, but each time he got beat by a much more athletic player. Pretty sure the coaches feel Hammonds and Fuller can't defend at this level, or they would be playing them.  Pretty sure coaches watch every practice so they are in a better position to know who can be on the floor than the fans. 

I don't like a 7 man lineup either.  Frankly, I don't like Benny getting 30+ minutes either.  But that's what we have now.  This will have to get solved through recruiting.   And what I saw in November, and what is happening since then, is encouraging.

You must of missed a few things on defense as a expert fan.  Indiana scored 70 points. The whole team was exposed badly on defense and beat on the boards the entire night

We held them well under their season average. Granted we defended much better in the second rather than the first half.

An important point is that players must earn their time on the floor. I trust the staff in assuming that time has not yet been earned. I would love to see Fuller filling it up on the offensive end and taking care of business on the defensive end. When he came on the floor last night I was hoping he would get one of those open looks. For whatever reason, it didn't happen.

You must of missed a few things on defense as a expert fan.  Indiana scored 70 points. The whole team was exposed badly on defense and beat on the boards the entire night

The Huskers D held Indiana 15.2 points below their season avg. So I whole didn't get exposed badly, They had to do something right or they would have gotten run out of the gym. Here is a link to Indiana's stats.

http://www.iuhoosiers.com/sports/m-baskbl/stats/2014-2015/teamcume.html

Some of holding Indiana below they season avg is because of the really slow offensive tempo miles uses. When you hold the ball for most the shot clock, it limits possessions and if looking only at pts allowed, could make a defense look better than it is.

Using tempo free metrics Nebraska had the second best defensive performance behind Louisville against Indiana's D-1 top ten offense. I know we got killed in the paint but our defensive results in this game overall are very positive because you can give up more 2s when you hold a 40% 3pt shooting team to a season low 7 threes.

One could make arguments that our defensive effort saps our offense and/or offensive confidence. The guys either don't have the green light or don't feel like they have the green light to shoot which is why you have guys like David, Benny, Tai, and Terran not shooting when they're open.  A team like Indiana with a high powered offense and that doesn't foul is a bad matchup for us...it's why we couldn't knock off the worst Creighton team in a while at home.  Iowa isn't fouling this year either so expect us to struggle to top 60 points if we do at all.

I think we're in for some sort of adjustment...maybe it's getting Moses back or maybe it's playing Fuller and Hammond or maybe it's something else. Miles hasn't gotten where he is today without figuring out how to adjust.

Indiana, Creighton, Hawaii ect all played more than 8 guys and kept guys fresh to beat us down the stretch.  Nebraska has ran the wheels off this team and the players looked tired last night.

Players loose concentration and shots are usually short when they are fatigued.

Coach Miles needs to see the big picture and pacing your team so they still have legs with 8 minutes left in a game to go for the wins.

You need to develop your bench just not give up on them.  You recruited these players and to leave them to rot on the bench doesn't help the big picture of the season when its clear the team needs some help.. 

I'm not saying the reserves need 15 to 20 minutes but 5-8 minutes could help the overall team be more fresh and you need to trust and use your bench to win games.

I watch Michigan yesterday they have been having troubles too and they used alot of their bench to find different combinations and it worked.

I have not thought that Fuller and/or Hammonds were that negative to the overall team when they were in, 

Extreme.

I'd be okay with seeing more minutes from them... but then again it's always easy to cheer for the backups.  I'll see how this season plays out.  Hammond (no S) most likely isn't ready for BIG10 play.  Fuller was (is?) suffering from turf toe.  We need to sit back, recognize we fans don't know jack squat about the roster and see what happens.  If this goes on for 5 years, then we can question