Update on Moses Abraham & Leslee Smith

AuroranHusker

If NU can figure out a way to survive against Indiana & Iowa w/o a true 'big' it would be a major coup to be 2-0 at that point w/ Moses & then Leslee set to return to the post position. Getting off to a good start to the B1G season will be crucial to sustaining success, IMHO. Can't go 1-5 again & expect a monumental run to re-occur in 2015-16. 

Gotta stop pretending that Moses return gonna be a difference maker. Team struggled plenty when Moses was playing

He's 20 minutes of post play on a team that could use 20+ minutes of post play. If you have to play David Rivers 25 minutes at the 5 instead of Moses because Walt is in foul trouble, doesn't that make a pretty big difference? I'd be tempted to play the dude spot minutes with one hand. Walt has upped his game since Incarnate Word but we're at least 9-3 with a healthy Moses. 

Just as dissappointing to me is that we burned Hammond's redshirt and he still isn't ready to see the floor with both these guys out? I would think the coaches could coach him up up on defense (assuming thats where the problems in his play exist) and had given him a few minutes in these recent games. If he couldn't play the last 5 games how can we expect him to contribute with B1G play here?

Gotta stop pretending that Moses return gonna be a difference maker. Team struggled plenty when Moses was playing

We did, but he was starting to mesh better after a few games, and then he went down.   Gives us something we don't have in rim protection, interior defense and rebounding.   It was pretty obvious watching the last couple of games in which he played.  He doesn't make us all-world, but does he make a difference?  Yeah, I'd say so.  We don't lose to Incarnate Word, for one difference (perhaps you watched Walt try to defend the post in that one).

If you really think this, you aren't watching games very closely at all.  Moses can alter shots, post defend, set great ball screens, get some put backs, rebound, block shots.  It also free's up David and Walter from having to bang all game long.

Players like Moses aren't going to fill up a stat sheet, but they sure as hell are important to what we want to do and if you can't see that, them I'm sorry for you.

Watching Ill/Mich and their bigs aren't very good. Actually they are bad at best. If we can have either of our guys back it will truely help. And most of us didn't think Moses was going to take us to the promised land(couldn't help it) but he is servicable and helps the others get rest and get to play in a more comfortable position. That is all I am asking for, nothing more, nothing less.

Obviously he better than nothing, which we got now. However, he ain't a game changer neither as shown by the results when he did play. Same is true bout last year when he played at georgetown too. And if you can't see that them I'm sorry for you.

Did you even read bball23's post? If you really don't think having Moses on the floor makes this team better, you're blind.

Obviously he better than nothing, which we got now. However, he ain't a game changer neither as shown by the results when he did play. Same is true bout last year when he played at georgetown too. And if you can't see that them I'm sorry for you.

Did you even read bball23's post? If you really don't think having Moses on the floor makes this team better, you're blind.

Bingo!

Bingo!

I remember us struggling against UNO early in the game (losing something like 20-5?) and once Moses came in for some minutes, we really shut them down. I know it's UNO, but just having his presence on the court from time-to-time can make a difference.