Think we hit rock bottom fellas

Hoops_Legend

At this point nobody needs to say "NCAA" until miracle happens. At least last year we played hard in every game win or lose right now we are playing soft and uninterested in getting better. We were so lucky to beat Cincy last week and now we lose to Hawaii. Really Hawaii is awful basketball team (we are too) but still you cannot tell me we are in a "funk". I think this is who we are a 10-12 win basketball team NIT is a long shot unless a miracle happens (like last year). Which it can when Moses and Leslee come back in the line up but honestly I just don't think those guys are so dominat for us that it will make that much of change on we are playing. 

Now is post is not intended to be negative towards Miles or his staff at all because i think they have done everything they possibly can to put our team in the right position to win. Right now it's on the players especially Petteway. Petteway has got to realize that he is not a #1 draft pick player so him taking 25ft jumpers in transition with a guys in his face is not his game he is not good enough to do that. Petteway is not at the level of Doug McDermott in shoting 3 balls from everywhere (I hate McDermott) Petteway needs to play within the offense and make the extra pass in transition or drive the lane and draw a foul but taking 25ft jumpers is not his game I know he wants it to be but it just isn't. 

I will say the future is bright for this basketball program VERY bright we got alot pieces to the puzzle coming in from recruiting/transfers that will change this whole team and I believe next year is the year for Nebrasketball to take the next step. 

One last thing I want to say is if anybody on this board or anywhere else thinks Miles is not the guy to get us over the hump is absolutely INSANE. This "funk" has nothing to do with Miles its on the players.  

I will say the future is bright for this basketball program VERY bright we got alot pieces to the puzzle coming in from recruiting/transfers that will change this whole team and I believe next year is the year for Nebrasketball to take the next step. 

One last thing I want to say is if anybody on this board or anywhere else thinks Miles is not the guy to get us over the hump is absolutely INSANE. This "funk" has nothing to do with Miles its on the players.  

I agree they have hit rock bottom.  I do not agree with your optimistic take.  The coaches are losing this team and this season.  And a lost season could dramatically negatively affect recruiting. 

NU basketball fans have been down this road before.  Collier had a couple nice seasons where the players overachieved before the bottom fell out.  Same with Sadler.  I know how this story typically ends.  

Not rock bottom becuase we haven't really been trashed yet. The games we have lost we could have won, not that they were great teams we lost to but at least we aren't getting runout of the gym by bad teams, yet... that would be rock bottom.

If we loose to NW or PSU by more than 10 or get our doors blown off by Ill or Ind. That, to me would be rock bottom.

I agree they have hit rock bottom.  I do not agree with your optimistic take.  The coaches are losing this team and this season.  And a lost season could dramatically negatively affect recruiting. 

NU basketball fans have been down this road before.  Collier had a couple nice seasons where the players overachieved before the bottom fell out.  Same with Sadler.  I know how this story typically ends.  

Collier and Sadler had a few nice wins.  Neither had a conference season even close to what we had last year.  Miles has upgraded the talent level enormously over what it was when he got here although alot of that talent is not on the florr yet.  It takes time to get where we are trying to go.  The stretch we had last year fooled people into thinking this would be easy.  It is not, but given time I have alot of confidence that Miles will get the program back to where we were in the 90's - or even higher.

Does anyone besides myself miss the old Nebraska basketball? I really miss having no expectations and never being disappointed. I miss the fact that the fans who showed up were actual husker basketball fans and stayed and cheered, and not the ones who leave games early (and yes I know people left the bob early, but damn, it's never been this bad before). I really miss being really optimistic about going into a big game and then if we stay close in those games, you knew it would be good. But now, we are expected to be good and when we aren't, it just puts such a damper on your mood. Having low expectations and then succeeding and/or not disappointing loss feels so much better than having high expectations and failing.

Nobody should ever wish to back in time for nebrasketball , unless its the nee years and even than move on. Its time to embrace the expectations, this is the new Nebraska, we have 3 top 250 recruits, we are not a laughing stock anymore than we used to be, we have a fantastic arena, we played a true road game at Hawaii when no other team elected to start that away, tough losses happen, this isn't rock bottom, rock bottom was some time ago when we couldn't get a soul to come to games, important ones or not. No matter what we think we feel the most important part of the season is upon us next week, conference season, if get our stuff together over Christmas break, and realize what fun basketball is all about and GATA on some teams we'll back in the thick of it playing for wins that matter and forgetting all about 12/22/14, 12/10/14, and 12/7/14.  GBR!!

Does anyone besides myself miss the old Nebraska basketball? I really miss having no expectations and never being disappointed. I miss the fact that the fans who showed up were actual husker basketball fans and stayed and cheered, and not the ones who leave games early (and yes I know people left the bob early, but damn, it's never been this bad before). I really miss being really optimistic about going into a big game and then if we stay close in those games, you knew it would be good. But now, we are expected to be good and when we aren't, it just puts such a damper on your mood. Having low expectations and then succeeding and/or not disappointing loss feels so much better than having high expectations and failing.

Wow. I don't even know what to tell you. Don't you know that cheesy line from a poem? It is better to have loved and lost than to have never have loved at all? If you are afraid to fail and afraid of expectations... there are quite a few teams out there that don't pay their coaches over a million dollars and would love to welcome you as a fan.

The ONLY thing I miss about the "old days" is going to the BOB 5 minutes before tipoff and people would give me and my kids free tickets because no one would buy them.

...not that that was a really a good thing. ;)

1.  Andrew White

2.  Ed Morrow

3.  Glyn Watson

4.  Michael Jacobson

At this point nobody needs to say "NCAA" until miracle happens. At least last year we played hard in every game win or lose right now we are playing soft and uninterested in getting better. We were so lucky to beat Cincy last week and now we lose to Hawaii. Really Hawaii is awful basketball team (we are too) but still you cannot tell me we are in a "funk". I think this is who we are a 10-12 win basketball team NIT is a long shot unless a miracle happens (like last year). Which it can when Moses and Leslee come back in the line up but honestly I just don't think those guys are so dominat for us that it will make that much of change on we are playing. 

Now is post is not intended to be negative towards Miles or his staff at all because i think they have done everything they possibly can to put our team in the right position to win. Right now it's on the players especially Petteway. Petteway has got to realize that he is not a #1 draft pick player so him taking 25ft jumpers in transition with a guys in his face is not his game he is not good enough to do that. Petteway is not at the level of Doug McDermott in shoting 3 balls from everywhere (I hate McDermott) Petteway needs to play within the offense and make the extra pass in transition or drive the lane and draw a foul but taking 25ft jumpers is not his game I know he wants it to be but it just isn't. 

Of course it has something to do with Miles. There is enough blame to go around for everybody. He is the one that needs to have them prepared when they hit the floor and they haven't been. They need to handle pressure and actually run an offense. That's on Miles.

At this point nobody needs to say "NCAA" until miracle happens.

At this point, the only people who keep saying "NCAA" are the people who continue to say there's no way we'll make it.

I get that.  I don't think anyone's been talking about seeding or bubbles for awhile now.  The people who keep talking about "NCAA" are the ones who want to continue to remind everyone else that it's not in the cards for us this year.

So, I mean, in that sense, I agree with you.  I wish people would quit saying "NCAA."   As in, "quit reminding us that we're out of the race and shut up about it already."

We need an assistant coach that can teach fundamentals. I looked up some stats and we may have the most turnovers out of any power 5 team. There were 2 times last night were we turned the ball over on three straight possessions.

Also need to recruit a center with any sort of inside game. Akoy agau may be that guy. Already have a solid PG with Watson and Morrow will be a great forward for us.

Wow. I don't even know what to tell you. Don't you know that cheesy line from a poem? It is better to have loved and lost than to have never have loved at all? If you are afraid to fail and afraid of expectations... there are quite a few teams out there that don't pay their coaches over a million dollars and would love to welcome you as a fan.

I should have mentioned that I'm super happy where we are at now with the PBA and making the tourney and everything. It could also be just the memories at the Bob that I miss. Actually it's most likely the memories that I miss. It could also be I'm not used to having the high expectations this year, compared to other years. But this year has been tough to watch, at least in my opinion.