Think we hit rock bottom fellas

Hoops_Legend

15 minutes ago, busticket said:

I was watching McPherson and he seems like he takes a big leadership role on the sidelines.  I hope he is able to step in for Verge next year and be a leader on the court.

He's been doing it all year and I have loved it. He's one of the most vocal freshman I can remember in recent memory. If he can at least provide defense from the lead guard spot next year with some paint penetration and passing, he'll be perfect as the backup

2 minutes ago, thrasher31 said:

He's been doing it all year and I have loved it. He's one of the most vocal freshman I can remember in recent memory. If he can at least provide defense from the lead guard spot next year with some paint penetration and passing, he'll be perfect as the backup

Or he could be our Chucky Hepburn.  I have no clue if he is ready but he gives off very mature vibes when I see him intersect with other players.  Physically he looks the part.  I suppose it also depends on the portal.

4 minutes ago, busticket said:

Or he could be our Chucky Hepburn.  I have no clue if he is ready but he gives off very mature vibes when I see him intersect with other players.  Physically he looks the part.  I suppose it also depends on the portal.

I could see him starting, but they'll only have one lead guard next year with him. I think they'll get a more veteran presence for him. If McPherson beats him out, perfect. 

4 hours ago, hhcmatt said:

Yeah I hope he's a D-1 player/PG because he has everything else

I think he's a D1 player.  Not sure if he's a PG.  His HS tape had a pretty high dribble, but he's a good athlete and very physical.  I think he'll end up more like Trey.  

We'll have a lot of versatile, athletic guards getting looks at the rotation next year.  I think our defense will improve significantly given the help in the front court as well.  I'd be shocked if we don't end up with a PG transfer.  Otherwise, I think it's gotta be Trey at PG, which wouldn't bother me all that much since he's such a dog on defense.  He can at least be a westbrook type that puts a lot of pressure on defenses with his athleticism.  

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, cornfed24-7 said:

"The Kool-Aid is already flowing as we hit the summer."

Yes, that it is.  I'll cheer on the huskers no matter what. but until the football team and basketball team suites up and shows what they have on the field/court playing real teams I'm not drinking any koolaid. 

1 hour ago, Nighthawk said:

"The Kool-Aid is already flowing as we hit the summer."

Yes, that it is.  I'll cheer on the huskers no matter what. but until the football team and basketball team suites up and shows what they have on the field/court playing real teams I'm not drinking any koolaid. 

...the Kool-Aid goes down better with a mixer.

• 2 weeks later...

Since this thread has now devolved into a "True Crime" reprise (not to be confused with the 1999 movie with Clint Eastwood) some might enjoy the following book.                                                                     Review: Book tracks the 'Ghost Gang' | Book Reviews and News | journalstar.com                   

• 2 months later...