Think we hit rock bottom fellas

Hoops_Legend

1 hour ago, Ron Mexico said:

Why would he do that? How embarrassing for him? Our football program has 10x the history of both those schools combined. Even during the "down years of Bo" we where still winning at a high rate. I have Wiscy friends and every debate ends with me pointing out our 5 NC's. We've been bad for a few years...so what. My ego isn't tied up in how we played last season or the season before. 

I'm also not embarrassed by how bad our basketball program has been historically. 

I really don't give a shyt what anyone outside of our program thinks of our team, and I certainly don't care what anybody thinks about me.

Fans of our our program crave outside acceptance. Why? Who cares. I cringe, for example, in the Next Coach thread when people talk of a "splash" hire. Who cares. Assuming FH is let go next year, who ever we hire next year needs to be a fit for our program regardless of what outsiders think.

I couldn’t agree more, I look at it through a LONG lens myself. But in a “what have you done for me lately” World it’s easy to feel beleaguered. When it switched from Leaders/Legends to East/West I joked with coworkers it should be the East Division & the Nebraska Division, now a Bowl game is a distant memory. I like others on the Board are more BASKETBALL fans than Football fans so this mess is especially difficult, but we will RISE!

Edited by Handy Johnson

<sarcasm>

Where is all this talk coming from about "rock bottom"? Really?? We hit rock bottom after Game #32 (22% winning percentage). Even if we lose out on our last five conference games and lose on Wednesday in the Big Ten tournament, Hoiberg would end up with a 23% winning percentage at Nebraska.

Rock bottom is behind us. Move on! :lol:

</sarcasm>

image.png

The worst part of the game was when Bryce gets shoved and no one comes to help.  Lat kind of jogs to him.  Welcher, Verge, and Walker all stand around.  We have no fight left.  No one comes to the aid of your best player who gets shoved.  The game was pretty much over, why not at least have your teammate's back?

10 minutes ago, brfrad said:

The worst part of the game was when Bryce gets shoved and no one comes to help.  Lat kind of jogs to him.  Welcher, Verge, and Walker all stand around.  We have no fight left.  No one comes to the aid of your best player who gets shoved.  The game was pretty much over, why not at least have your teammate's back?

Not quite true.  Trey came off the bench and he was intercepted by a coach...I believe it was Fred.  

Otherwise  I noted the same thing.

9 hours ago, HuskerFever said:

(Disclaimer: reading this old thread might cause flashbacks of optimism and hope)

At that moment when we thought we were at Rock Bottom:

I think the leakers are people in the AD department that don’t want to see Moos become a legend. If he gets Hoiberg and Frost than you can start building the statue now 

Man, my one wish for Husker fandom: Can we quit talking about the *(*&$ing statue we're going to build? It just drives me nuts, the epitome of "delusional."

Hey, things suck now but some day we're going to great and we'll win a bunch of games and we'll stand up and cheer and our student section will be like the Cameron Crazies and our coach will be a hall of famer and we'll have a big parade AND THEN we'll build a statue!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQYXa2NyfIudNk5PYbJyj6

I'd just like the program to put one foot out and then the next foot and be actually going somewhere. Honestly, just something that shows that somewhere at DONU somebody knows what they're doing when it comes to basketball. That's my dream.

Sorry for the rant.

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, 49r said:

So…how we feeling about rock bottom tonight?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was stoked earlier.  So pumped.  

Then my wife said "too bad they didn't play like this a month or two ago" and I was frustrated again.  We didn't have to put ourselves in this position.  We shouldn't have been in this position.

35 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

Was stoked earlier.  So pumped.  

Then my wife said "too bad they didn't play like this a month or two ago" and I was frustrated again.  We didn't have to put ourselves in this position.  We shouldn't have been in this position.

Funny how the light switch flipped on after Trev and Fred had their talk.  Maybe the kids seeing their coach taking the heat caught their attention and they responded by fighting for him….who knows.  It seems like the kids have Fred’s back.

What I hope is that whatever galvanized the team is taking root and we are seeing the culture we want in our program bloom before our very eyes.  Our kids are becoming hard nosed and tough.  It’s almost surreal considering the hot garbage we were watching not even a month ago.

I was watching McPherson and he seems like he takes a big leadership role on the sidelines.  I hope he is able to step in for Verge next year and be a leader on the court.