Think we hit rock bottom fellas

Hoops_Legend

Talking about records here and comparing doc and Tim. Didn't doc like to schedule plenty of them cream puffs? It seems the record is misleading when Tim didn't really have a puff schedule until this year. He did this year with so many new faces. So if this is true comparing their two records would be like comparing two different things.

I think our scheduling is better under Miles....but, we haven't exactly lined up a tough non-con under Miles either.  For instance...last year our non-con was rated 291 per KENPOM and 311 this year.  And in both years it looks like Miles is going to struggle to get to .500.  Of course...when you schedule cream puffs you need to beat them.  Next year and moving forward we can't afford to lose to teams like Incarnate Word and Samford. 

You don't have to be a Nebrasketball fan for long to know this is no where near rock bottom. Sadler's last year losing 10 of 12, or even the year before watching Wichita State destroy us in the NIT.  We really do have a lot more going for us than at anytime in Nebrasketball history I think.  Its just hasn't resulted in W's yet.

How is a loss in the NIT worse?  At least that team made the NIT.

You don't have to be a Nebrasketball fan for long to know this is no where near rock bottom. Sadler's last year losing 10 of 12, or even the year before watching Wichita State destroy us in the NIT.  We really do have a lot more going for us than at anytime in Nebrasketball history I think.  Its just hasn't resulted in W's yet.

How is a loss in the NIT worse?  As least that team made the NIT.

And this team..... Oh that's right, we don't know yet.

How is a loss in the NIT worse?  As least that team made the NIT.

And this team..... Oh that's right, we don't know yet.

I just remember it not even being very competitive, we got beat by 27, but that makes it seem closer than it was.  I know Doc got another year after that, but there was a lot of talk about the future of the program after that loss.  Not a very exciting or positive time for Nebrasketball for sure.  I have no doubt Creighton fans enjoyed watching a fellow Missouri Valley team whoop us (one of the rare years in recent history we beat Creighton btw).  I believe our AD at the time even left his seat from behind the bench and watched the rest of the game from the nose bleed section.  It felt like a rock bottom to me anyway.

A little bit of Norm Peterson perspective before we move on from this topic (hopefully for good):

All those who said we hit rock bottom, please stand up. 

OK, St. John's, under HOF former player Chris Mullin, is 1-19 over their last 20 games. 

The skid began 20 games ago with a home loss to Incarnate Word.

Followed by another home loss to New Jersey Institute of Technology.  (No, I'm not kidding.)

They just lost by 41 yesterday at Creighton.  Chris Mullin was ejected with over 13 minutes to play after picking up his 2nd technical.

They have 8 wins and one game left against Providence before their regular season mercifully comes to an end.

Those who still think we've hit rock bottom remain standing; everyone else, sit.

If you're still standing, feel free to walk to the nearest exit.  You needn't come back.

Will this thread become a tradition? Something like grandma's fruitcake that gets regifted each Christmas for 25 years straight? I sincerely hope not.

God I hope not but last nights loss was painful.  The team just didn't look interested until the last 5 minutes or so.  Is it the kids not getting ready or is the staff struggling to get them ready?

They have looked interested in every game before Penn State.  It had to have something to do with Shields return,  He looked a step slow out there, even though he had a ton of points

• 9 months later...

For the past three years this thread has come to mind after a senseless and disappointing loss when I think things cannot get any worse.   Perhaps I am searching for some comfort and answers.   It's a pilgrimage I keep thinking will not be needed any longer at the start of each season when there is renewed hope.   But I am losing faith that Miles will ever get out of this rock bottom rut.

Yes, the thread is very memorable and perhaps legendary.   A who's who of the greatest posters who have ever visited this forum.  Three years removed, we thought it would be something we would be looking back at and reminiscing about.   Instead, it seems to have turned into a yearly tradition of representing how challenging it is to be an NU fan.  Someone above said it best that the definition of rock bottom is when this thread has relevancy year after year. 

• 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, TomEadesSucks said:

Starting to feel like the end of the Collier and Sadler eras. I guess if TIm gets one more year, he needs to send Walt P. a thank you card for getting hot for ten games three years ago.

It actually took Collier deciding to leave, and in fact, he won 2 games in the Big 12 tournament, and made the NIT his final year before succumbing to the hopelessness that is Nebrasketball.

Doc was getting ran out of the gym by everybody they played his last year.  Miles' team is losing at the buzzer, and has won 2 road games against teams that have played good basketball.  He has lost 4 games, with only 9 scholarship players, losing 2 key components to the rotation, to help with depth.  Next year, if everyone stays healthy, we should have some serious depth to withstand injuries.