Think we hit rock bottom fellas

Hoops_Legend

Please find me where these freshman rank in the top 25.

Nebraska losing to teams we are better than, Samford, Penn State in year 4 of a process is bad. Back to back years where you feel apart down the stretch. To me, last year, I thought was an anomaly due to a few personalities on the roster. Last night we lost to a club we beat by over 20+ points. prior to last night, I thought we had separated ourselves from the bottom feeders by beating the teams we were supposed to beat. So, yes, when in year 4 your comps are Rutgers and Penn State, who just beat you, I'd say that's bottom.

So as you see it we are at rock bottom in year four of the Tim Time? Guess we need to be looking for a new coach as we haven't gotten any better. Oh well just like every other time in Nebraska ball history things get bumpy and we start all over only to be doing the same thing 4 years from now.

But you know one of these times things have to get better you know, or why even care about us. I heard Kansas always has room on their bandwagon.

I feel we gave Collier and to a lesser extend sadler, enough time. Miles should get a couple more years but each losing season sucks.

Collier and Doc both got 6 years, but NEITHER of them had the facilities that Tim Miles has. Am I ready to fire Miles, no, but I still feel that this is rock bottom. While they have improve on offense, I still don't think this team has an identity on offense. Last night was garbage. We know Kenya can recruit, we know Phil is a developer, if we lose the next 2, it will further solidify a change is needed at the Molinari spot. I say Mo because I think the other 2 are doing a good job.

I understand all of the frustration with this season.  I really do.  But to say we have hit rock bottom is a bit extreme.  Rock bottom would be a team that quits.  A team that when it gets down folds up camp and matters get worse.  This team has not done that one time all season.  Maybe the Samford game because we just had no energy all night long. 

Again, I'm not a moral victory guy.  But as I have stated in a previous post, we are literally a few bounces away from having easily 3-5 more wins (NW, OSU, Maryland, Miami, PSU).  Yes, it sucks.  Especially when you are so close.  Can these young guys next year find a way to win these close games?  I sure hope so.  Confidence and momentum can go a long ways with athletes.  We just for whatever reason haven't been able to get over the hump.

Also, Indiana and Iowa must have hit rock bottom with their losses to this awful PSU team you speak of. 

That Iowa game at home last season for Nebrasketball was a "rock bottom" moment. Other than that, I just don't see the angst as a reality during the Tim Miles' era. These guys lay it out there each & every game. Now, the results aren't there like we as fans would like but the effort & determination are certainly 100%. Part of this struggle appears to be understanding the game, which would greatly assist in knowing the difference between mild disappointment and major disappointment. Not every thing in hoops or life is a MAJOR issue that requires immediate attention. Life is a series of hills & valleys, which epitomizes what Nebrasketball is about. Carry on. GBR

Last year was rock bottom, 13-18. So to avoid rock bottom again we need some wins.

If you think that's rock bottom, you don't remember the year before the '91 team went 26-8.

And the year that the Huskers went 26-8, a reporter asked Danny why the team went from 10-18 to 26-8 his answer was simple. He said that the guys were tried of getting their asses kicked. So maybe that is the attitude that needs to be fostered now.

That, and instead of Richard van Poelgeest and Ray Richardson they had Tony Farmer and Eric Piatkowski.

Not that RVP and Ray weren't decent players, but there was no cohesion on the 1990 team. Also Rich King was much tougher mentally in 91 than in 90.

Collier and Doc both got 6 years, but NEITHER of them had the facilities that Tim Miles has. Am I ready to fire Miles, no, but I still feel that this is rock bottom. While they have improve on offense, I still don't think this team has an identity on offense. Last night was garbage. We know Kenya can recruit, we know Phil is a developer, if we lose the next 2, it will further solidify a change is needed at the Molinari spot. I say Mo because I think the other 2 are doing a good job.

I am with you on Molinari.  He doesn't bring much of anything to the table from what I can gather.

Last year was rock bottom, 13-18. So to avoid rock bottom again we need some wins.

If you think that's rock bottom, you don't remember the year before the '91 team went 26-8.
And the year that the Huskers went 26-8, a reporter asked Danny why the team went from 10-18 to 26-8 his answer was simple. He said that the guys were tried of getting their asses kicked. So maybe that is the attitude that needs to be fostered now.

That, and instead of Richard van Poelgeest and Ray Richardson they had Tony Farmer and Eric Piatkowski.

Not that RVP and Ray weren't decent players, but there was no cohesion on the 1990 team. Also Rich King was much tougher mentally in 91 than in 90.

I think we have four freshman that should be much tougher mentally next year given the experience they've gotten. 

I think we have four freshman that should be much tougher mentally next year given the experience they've gotten.
I agree with that. Now we need to replace shields

Agree we have to replace him, but other teams will be losing key guys that need replaced too.  I think to replace him we have to hope Gill is as good as we've read (I will hold judgment until I actually see him play) and hope that Morrow, Jacobson, McVeigh and Watson all take a step forward.  Plus we will most likely need Roby and Horne to provide at least as much as the four freshman that played this year have.  Add in that IF Webster reduces the number of times he gets himself out of control we should be able to fill most of if not all the void left by Shields and Parker.

You don't have to be a Nebrasketball fan for long to know this is no where near rock bottom. Sadler's last year losing 10 of 12, or even the year before watching Wichita State destroy us in the NIT.  We really do have a lot more going for us than at anytime in Nebrasketball history I think.  Its just hasn't resulted in W's yet.

This isn't CLOSE to rock bottom. Imagine dropping the next two (certainly possible) and then getting smoked in the B1G tourney. As disheartening as that would be even THAT wouldn't be rock bottom. Does the name Maryland Baltimore Co. ring a bell?

Samford?
Creighton?
Creighton may be realizing their coach isn't the real deal

Talking about records here and comparing doc and Tim. Didn't doc like to schedule plenty of them cream puffs? It seems the record is misleading when Tim didn't really have a puff schedule until this year. He did this year with so many new faces. So if this is true comparing their two records would be like comparing two different things.

I definitely feel let down this week.  Listening to Lee Barfknecht on TBL yesterday on the state of the program didn't help.  And I do respect his opinion.  Seems to me like a 1-3 finish (with a win in the B10 first round) is likely.  That will be two seasons in a row that we fall on our faces at the finish line.

Having said all that, this isn't rock bottom for me.  Driving home in the fog in 2010 after an 8:30 PM conference loss in a 2-14 season was rock bottom for me personally.  Talk about depressing and hopeless.  I hope we never go there again.

I definitely feel let down this week.  Listening to Lee Barfknecht on TBL yesterday on the state of the program didn't help.  And I do respect his opinion.  Seems to me like a 1-3 finish (with a win in the B10 first round) is likely.  That will be two seasons in a row that we fall on our faces at the finish line.

Having said all that, this isn't rock bottom for me.  Driving home in the fog in 2010 after an 8:30 PM conference loss in a 2-14 season was rock bottom for me personally.  Talk about depressing and hopeless.  I hope we never go there again.

My rock bottom was the player walk out.  That was pathetic. 

I don't think I've ever felt good about a Husker sport after reading a Barfknecht article or hearing him on the radio/TV.  He's just "that guy" so if I ever feel too good about a Husker sport I know where to go to get a, I'll call it a "neutral" take, its usually a Lee Barfknecht take.  He has his place I guess.  Remember the press conference when Pelini was giving it to Dirk about Taylor?  That was classic.  The one time I enjoyed one of Bo's little tirades. 

Local sports scribe rant over :)