Think we hit rock bottom fellas

Hoops_Legend

If we have Leslee and Moses we beat Hawaii. The bottom line is that we are essentially playing a 3 guard line up. Walter is OK at the 4 so long as we have true big man. David has been playing out of this world  but he would be more effective with a true post. I believe that the loss of those 2 directly correlates to  our offensive struggles. Tim won't make any excuses but there is a reason he is not rushing Leslee and Moses back into the lineup even though they both probably could have played.

Edited to Add: The criticism of TP has gone over the top. As he goes so does our team. We are a horrible team without him. This reminds me of the criticism of Alec Marik. 

If we have Leslee and Moses we beat Hawaii. The bottom line is that we are essentially playing a 3 guard line up. Walter is OK at the 4 so long as we have true big man. David has been playing out of this world  but he would be more effective with a true post. I believe that the loss of those 2 directly correlates to  our offensive struggles. Tim won't make any excuses but there is a reason he is not rushing Leslee and Moses back into the lineup even though they both probably could have played.

Edited to Add: The criticism of TP has gone over the top. As he goes so does our team. We are a horrible team without him. This reminds me of the criticism of Alec Marik. 

I know I said in one post I thought he took a bad three, but I don't remember a lot of criticism towards TP at all. Just a lot of people saying there is too much criticism. What have I missed?

Many things to agree on here Ron.  I do sense a bit of "what if" however.  The loses we have thus far are inexcusable.  Period.  If you're standard is returning to the NCAA tourney.  It should not require Moses to beat Incarnate Word or Hawaii.  I've watched just about every game over the past several years, and we look absolutely poorly organized right now.

In regards to Petteway, the kid is a great player, and is trying too hard right now to lift up the team.  

We're seeing a coaching flaw in Miles, hopefully he'll get his head out of the clouds and get us back to winning basketball.  This is not it.

Many things to agree on here Ron.  I do sense a bit of "what if" however.  The loses we have thus far are inexcusable.  Period.  If you're standard is returning to the NCAA tourney.  It should not require Moses to beat Incarnate Word or Hawaii.  I've watched just about every game over the past several years, and we look absolutely poorly organized right now.

In regards to Petteway, the kid is a great player, and is trying too hard right now to lift up the team.  

We're seeing a coaching flaw in Miles, hopefully he'll get his head out of the clouds and get us back to winning basketball.  This is not it.

Darn good first post dead, welcome.

Great points. I tend to cringe at the "what if" statement but when you aren't a deep team then losing key position players it is important. With that said you are correct that we shouldn't have lost those 2 games.

After today's game against the Bobcats it seems that Miles finally has the guys playing good ball.

Does anyone besides myself miss the old Nebraska basketball? I really miss having no expectations and never being disappointed. I miss the fact that the fans who showed up were actual husker basketball fans and stayed and cheered, and not the ones who leave games early (and yes I know people left the bob early, but damn, it's never been this bad before). I really miss being really optimistic about going into a big game and then if we stay close in those games, you knew it would be good. But now, we are expected to be good and when we aren't, it just puts such a damper on your mood. Having low expectations and then succeeding and/or not disappointing loss feels so much better than having high expectations and failing.

After this experience all my life in huskerland, I have to say I HATE husker fans. Almost want to move to get away from such terrible fans...don't understand why nobody nowadays knows how to be a good fan. Ugh.

Tulsa beat Incarnate Word by 30 last night. Just wanted to throw that out there for whatever reason. Maybe so I don't cry. I don't know.

Tulsa beat Creighton pretty handily as well.  Tulsa might be a pretty good ball club. 

Tim Miles alma mater is better than both Nebraska and Creighton. Even though they are 2-8 in the NAIA. :-)

University of Mary (2-8) > South Dakota School of Mines > SE Oklahoma State > Tulsa > Incarnate Word > Nebraska.

After this experience all my life in huskerland, I have to say I HATE husker fans. Almost want to move to get away from such terrible fans...don't understand why nobody nowadays knows how to be a good fan. Ugh.

I've heard Boulder is really nice, especially this time of year. ;)
HA.

For real tho...what makes us so fickle? One minute the best fans ever, another being cutthroat basterds expecting championships and showing extreme apathy. Cmon, people.

HA.

For real tho...what makes us so fickle? One minute the best fans ever, another being cutthroat basterds expecting championships and showing extreme apathy. Cmon, people.

Give Husker BBall fans some time.  The younger ones don't remember the Huskers in the NCAA Tourney, and those of us who do, know we've played like crap every time we make it there.  No one alive has ever seen NU win an outright conference championship.  Be like a good doctor and have a lot of "patients".  :)

HA.

Give Husker BBall fans some time.  The younger ones don't remember the Huskers in the NCAA Tourney, and those of us who do, know we've played like crap every time we make it there.  No one alive has ever seen NU win an outright conference championship.  Be like a good doctor and have a lot of "patients".  :)

It would be nice if those "patients" turned into "positive results" ;)

HA.

Give Husker BBall fans some time. The younger ones don't remember the Huskers in the NCAA Tourney, and those of us who do, know we've played like crap every time we make it there. No one alive has ever seen NU win an outright conference championship. Be like a good doctor and have a lot of "patients". :)
Haha yeah I'd like to be nice, but here I'm almost exclusively talking long term; the husker fans in general are a mean group and I'm tired of it. I'm just as frustrated with this team as they are, but our expectations are ridiculous...they weren't even THAT great last year, just magical. ;)

We will improve year to year in the big scope, and this year is the most frustrating knowing our talent and depth... But I still believe in tim. There's hope and light in the situation lol.

We just need the fans to back him up for this climb back into relevancy. I have to say, the brief being ranked thing was glorious. :) (hope the young/fickle ones come around too. I myself am only 23, about to graduate unl)

• 1 month later...

I guess after the Iowa game we set a new bottom.   I thought we were finally done with getting pasted by teams at home like back in the Kansas days.   42-16 at half time?   :blink:    Never imagined we could get lower back when this thread was originally started.   One of the most shocking seasons for any team in all of college basketball this season.   The faith the college basketball world put into our program at the start of the season has effectively been destroyed.    Is there reason to worry the recruits are questioning their commits to Nebraska?

Watched that one with a heavy thumb on the fast forward last night. It was apocalyptic enough to be the end of the Walt as we knew it. With the spring training season beginning I find my mind wandering to baseball now. And I agree with the good col. that it was the absolute nadir of the Miles era ( and we're not talking Ralph here).