Ed Morrow on ESPN 2 tonight at 630 ET

lanigan123

I watched the first half. 

Very good athlete. 

Sneaky rebounder.  Must have huge, strong hands.  Grabbing offensive rebounds 3 feet away one-handed and flipping it back up and in. 

He has some moves when he gets the ball in the low post but the other team's big did a good job of denying him position and pushing him out of the lane.  They certainly weren't trying to get him the ball in the first half and he was very active at posting to try to get position, and then moving out to set screens.  He didn't waste a lot of time in any one spot.  If the ball wasn't coming his way, he was out looking to screen.

What I see is a kid who's a very good player who is likely to come in from day one and be a blue-collar kind of player who's not about looking for his shot and tries to do the little things to help the team win.  That's certainly the way he came across tonight.  Granted, they were down 5 at half and sounds like they didn't win, so his "little things" didn't work out in the end, but that's what he was doing.  The little things.

I think we have a very good one here.  Imagine him in David River's spot.  This kid will get you boards.  Very unselfish player.

You can also rewatch the game on watchespn.com at any time.

I think Morrow had a a double-double or close to it.  Scored most of his points off of offensive rebounds.

Also think he had 5 or so blocks. 

Looked good in a game against a lot of Div 1 talent.

The kid from Kentucky looked pretty good as well.

Morrow himself said he's going to play the 4, and he's going to play the hell out of it.

I'm super impressed.  That kid is an absolute game changer.  We signed Dennis Rodman without all the flamboyancy.  Very, very similar games.  

I agree that he starts day 1.  Extremely high IQ kid.  Tough, mean, and as active as any high school kid I've seen in a long time.    

Morrow himself said he's going to play the 4, and he's going to play the hell out of it.

I'm super impressed. That kid is an absolute game changer. We signed Dennis Rodman without all the flamboyancy. Very, very similar games.

I agree that he starts day 1. Extremely high IQ kid. Tough, mean, and as active as any high school kid I've seen in a long time.

Reminds me more of a thinner Dejuan Blair.

How would people here feel about Ed if he gives us 8-12 min a game and maybe a 5 Pt, 4 Reb average his freshman year?  I'd take that in a heartbeat.  I don't see how he is going to break the starting lineup with all the players we have back next year - Petteway or no Petteway.  I really like this guy, but let's give him room to get acclimated to DI ball.  

Even though they lose I like his play. He will get the dirty points. You put another 20lbs and the weight room and he will be a beast. Also love the freshmen Marques Brown. St Rita made sure they knew where he was for rebounds. Love his defense. Rick Pitino was there watching one of his recruits Matthews.

It was Calipari there watching the game.