WBB Game #10 vs Florida State

Row6Seat10

Nebraska Cornhuskers (6-3) vs. Florida State Seminoles (7-0)

Saturday, Dec. 8, 2:05 p.m.

Bob Devaney Sports Center (Lincoln, Neb.)

Premium Internet Video: HuskersNside (premium subscribers of Huskers.com)

Radio: 25-Station IMG College Husker Sports Network

(PBP-Matt Coatney; Analyst-Jeff Griesch)

(KBBK 107.3 FM, Lincoln; KFFF 93.3 FM, Bennington; KNEB 94.1 FM Scottsbluff; KCOW 1400 AM Alliance)

Free Internet Audio: Huskers.com

Promotions: Nebraska State Employees Appreciation Day

Hometown Huskers: Honoring Jordan Hooper (Alliance), Emily Cady (Seward), Sadie Murren (Colon), Courtney Aitken (Dannebrog)

Huskers Face Florida State in Top-25 Showdown Saturday

The No. 25 Nebraska women's basketball team returns home for its second top-25 showdown with a traditional ACC power in as many weeks, when the Huskers take on No. 24 Florida State on Saturday at the Bob Devaney Sports Center.

Tip-off between the Huskers (6-3) and the Seminoles (7-0) is set for 2:05 p.m., with single-game tickets available now at Huskers.com or by calling the Nebraska Athletic Ticket Office at 1-800-8-BIG-RED. Live video will be available to HuskersNside subscribers on Huskers.com.

Nebraska will try to rebound at home against a sizzling hot Seminole team after a 66-57 road loss at Creighton on Wednesday night. Sophomore forward Hailie Sample scored a career-high 20 points on 9-of-14 shooting for the Huskers, while senior point guard Lindsey Moore added 15 points and six assists, while going 6-for-11 from the field. But All-American Jordan Hooper was held scoreless for the first time in her career.

Hooper, who was averaging better than 19 points per game over the previous seven games, hopes to get back on track against a talented Florida State squad. Florida State entered the AP and USA Today Coaches rankings this week for the first time this season after rolling to a 7-0 record to start 2012-13. The Seminoles return four starters from last year's team, but they have made a transition from being an inside-dominated team to a fast-paced, transition team

The Seminoles appear to be headed back to contention for an ACC title as one of the hottest teams in the country early in the season. At 7-0, Florida State's seven-player rotation of five seniors and two juniors has been doing more than just winning, they have been dismantling opponents.

The Seminoles produced back-to-back 14-point victories over 2012 NCAA Tournament qualifiers Vanderbilt (73-59) and Iowa (83-69). FSU is coming off a 16-point win over Charlotte.

After opening the year with a 77-42 win over Samford, the Seminoles trounced in-state rival Florida, 98-67. They followed with a 32-point win over Stetson before blitzing Eastern Kentucky, 90-51.

Florida State is averaging 81.0 points per game, while holding opponents to just 55.1 points for a plus-25.9 scoring average. FSU also carries a plus-9.4 rebounding margin and a plus-2.9 turnover margin. The 'Noles are shooting a blistering 49.7 percent from the field, including a sensational 46.2 percent from three-point range.

Nebraska and Florida State will be meeting for just the third time in women's basketball when the Huskers face the Seminoles Saturday. The series is tied at one game apiece after NU's 66-63 win over FSU in Tallahassee last season.

Probable Starters:

Nebraska Cornhuskers

3 - Hailie Sample - 6-1 - So. - F

23 - Emily Cady - 6-2 - So. - F

35 - Jordan Hooper - 6-2 - Jr. - F

00 - Lindsey Moore - 5-9 - Sr. - G

24 - Rachel Theriot - 6-0 - Fr. - G

Florida State Seminoles

00 - Chasity Clayton - 6-0 - Sr. - F

33 - Natasha Howard - 6-3 - Jr. - F

34 - Chelsea Davis - 6-2 - Sr. - F

1 - Morgan Toles - 5-9 - Sr. - G

10 - Leonor Rodriguez - 5-11 - Sr. - G

Huskers Set for Top 25 Clash with Seminoles…..Huskers.com

Game tidbits:

Good to hear that Brandi Jeffery is back and ready to go. I think we will most definitely need her this afternoon.

Nebraska will be the second ranked opponent and the second road contest for the Seminoles.

"Going on the road in a hostile environment will be a great thing for us this time of year," FSU head coach Sue Semrau said. "That's exactly what we need. It's our second road game against a quality opponent. We're both in the Top 25 poll. Both of us would like to gain national respect."

This year's great start is a turnaround from last season, when the Noles broke a streak of seven consecutive NCAA Tournament seasons with a 14-17 record. The sting of staying at home has propelled the squad, led by five seniors, to its remarkable start.

"The disappointment of not making the NCAA Tournament last year fuels us," Semrau said. "That process started last spring and they've really carried it through."

We have common opponents Iowa and Maryland but neither has played the other yet for scoring comparisons, FSU beat Iowa by 14 and we lost to Maryland by a bunch.

Unbelievable finish!

Hooper comes back in a big way after laying that big goose egg in Omaha last Tuesday scoring 36 points and grabbing 12 rebounds. Lindsey was spectacular as always 14 points 8 assists and 5 steals. Emily Cady played with foul trouble and most likely played her best game of the season she finished with 15 points. My player of the game goes to Tear'a Laudermill. Fantastic slowing their guards down on defense. She earned and needs more playing time!

Florida St is a really good team their quickness alone will win them a lot of games this season.

Here's how I saw that last .04 second. The rookie ref Resac blew her whistle standing near half court calling a foul on Emily. Right away the other two officials looked at her like "what are you doing?" Lisa Mattingly the head official then had to go over to the table to see just when the so called foul occured and put back a little time on the clock. They determined .04 tenths of a second left and put that up on the clock. They then called the teams back on the court and as the teams came back on, Mattingly was still upset with Resac and let her know that was not a good call as did the other official. Nebraska called time out before the FSU girl shot the first free throw and during the timeout Mattingly went back to the table and acted like she was looking at the video and told the clock keeper to put 1.3 on the clock because she knew it was the wrong call. I don't think she wanted to be put in that situation as to where that call determined the outcome of the game.

Natasha Howard came to the line and clanked the first free throw and then put added pressure on herself and airballed the last free throw. Hence the last 4 tenths second of a super game took nearly 20 minutes.

3864 very vocal fans in the house.

Quotes: "Our crowd was unbelievable throughout the game, but I'm not sure I've ever heard the Devaney Center louder than it was at the end," Yori said. "Our crowd was huge today. They gave us energy throughout the game, and they were definitely there for us at the end."

"I knew I was on during shoot-around today," Hooper said. "I was just glad to come out and hit some shots. This was a big win for our team against a great Florida State team."

I don't think I've ever seen a defense like Florida St ran today at times. They stuck a player on Hooper and a player on Moore and the other 3 formed like a triangle zone in the lane.

HB, I think you missed the best game in the Devaney Center in the last three years! It was probably the loudest I've ever heard it in there for wbb.

I don't think I've ever seen a defense like Florida St ran today at times. They stuck a player on Hooper and a player on Moore and the other 3 formed like a triangle zone in the lane.

HB, I think you missed the best game in the Devaney Center in the last three years! It was probably the loudest I've ever heard it in there for wbb.

Correct Row 6; I hated to miss it. Glad you brought us through! Appreciate the post game comments.

Good thing the big 3 showed up today. I don't know why Cady is inconsistent in showing up every game. We have to have her play big each and every game. Got to give props to Laudermille today. She didn't score a lot but played one of her better games. I thought Theriot even played one of her better games so far. Is Mauer's back problem the main reason she isn't playing?

Is Mauer's back problem the main reason she isn't playing?

Just my opinion Long Time, but I say no. Although she is very weak for her size--her upper body strength is lacking--perhaps that is a result of the back surgery due to an in ability to work on strength training for an extended period of time. She isn't very skilled either. Great kid, but doesn't appear close to providing much on the floor, so it's hard to give her much playing time.