Nebraska isn't a good fit for Tai's skillset

Some_Fulla

Tai's performance against Cincinnati won us that game. Meanwhile Fuller can't sniff the floor. It's more than obvious they feel better about Tai than Fuller. While they both may never start again, it's clear that at this point Tai is the better prospect.

Ahhh okay, completely gloss over what I posted.  Yes, and clearly Tai was SO much better than Benny Parker to start out the year last year.  Fast forward to the now and Benny is doubling Tai's minutes.  Tai may be a better prospect..again, I don't really know.  We have not seen Fuller much.  If so...maybe they both are gone next year? As if Tai is for sure the better prospect then Fuller does not have much hope because as it stands right now Tai is terrible.  2 points in his last 61 minutes on the floor?  That has to be one of the worst offensive droughts in a Husker uniform.  What exactly have you seen out of Tai to lead you believe he is a good prospect? Or is it that the few minutes Fuller has played you have deemed him such a bad prospect that Tai automatically is a better prospect? 

Physically Tai at the 2 his natural spot is gifted enough to play it. Fuller, after a redshirt isn't seeing the floor in a 7 man rotation. The worst we have been in years in the post and all 6'7 of him isn't seeing the floor. If Fuller was a great prospect or even a better option than Tai, why isnt, hasn't he been playing. I'm not sayin Tai is going to be great, I'm saying I would move Fuller every day of the week before I move Tai.

Tai's performance against Cincinnati won us that game. Meanwhile Fuller can't sniff the floor. It's more than obvious they feel better about Tai than Fuller. While they both may never start again, it's clear that at this point Tai is the better prospect.

I take that back about Tai's last 61 minutes as being one of the worst droughts in a Husker basketball uniform.  I forgot last year he finished off the season going 71 minutes without a bucket.  :blink:   :blink:   I don't care who it is...Fuller, Tai whoever...we need better play out of the bench if at all possible.   

Forget about Fuller. With the emergence of Tarin over the last few games, I would prefer to see him on the floor a hell of a lot more. Tai has brought nothing offensively over the last 5 games:

787pJh9.png

nXz1lL5.png

Alternatively, Tarin has been a huge breath of fresh air:

787pJh9.png

9LFGMkN.png

Tarrin should start at PG. The thread title though is should Tai transfer.

Unless there is some sort of vast improvement over the course of the season, I would welcome his transfer. Tai brings nothing to this team right now. Not offense, not defense...literally nothing. He hit a couple of 3-pointers in the Big Red Tip-Off, and I though for sure he'd actually developed as a shooter in the off season. He plays on the f'in Kiwi National Team for Christ's sake. Nope, he's just 5 for 31 on 3-point attempts this year.

As for Tarin starting? Not yet. There's no way he sniffs the starting line up unless his defense improves or Benny gets hurt.

I take that back about Tai's last 61 minutes as being one of the worst droughts in a Husker basketball uniform.  I forgot last year he finished off the season going 71 minutes without a bucket.  :blink:   :blink:   I don't care who it is...Fuller, Tai whoever...we need better play out of the bench if at all possible.   

Forget about Fuller. With the emergence of Tarin over the last few games, I would prefer to see him on the floor a hell of a lot more. Tai has brought nothing offensively over the last 5 games:

787pJh9.png

nXz1lL5.png

Alternatively, Tarin has been a huge breath of fresh air:

787pJh9.png

9LFGMkN.png

Drummer, can you give me a tutorial on how you post those little chart things?

Thx

They're just cropped screen shots from ESPN.com. I took screen shots from both player's stats pages, cropped them in MS Paint, and then uploaded them to Imgur:

Once you have the image link, just click on the Image button on the panel above your text window:

NVs9kIf.png

Then paste your image link in the URL box that pops up, and hit OK:

MVML6H9.png

If anyone leaves it should be Fuller. Tai has atleast seen the floor and could redshirt. Doing so would allow him to be here 1 year after White is gone. We have depth at the 3/4 with a number of guys and commits.

https://twitter.com/robinwashut/status/552966303506370561

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Then that means fewer minutes for Tai again. Fuller isn't taking away Tarin's minutes.

• 3 weeks later...

I have not given up on Tai...he is a super athlete.  He has issues on offense that continues to haunt him.  I seem to remember David sitting out several games before he "got it" last year.  I certainly believe Tai has the talent.  Look no further than his brother and dad.

I love them as well :)

Just so everyone knows, this thread was started by someone from New Zealand, apparently, who thought Tai's talents were being wasted by Tim Miles and that Tai should transfer for his own good.  The OP was not suggesting Tai should transfer because he wasn't good enough.  At one point, the poster said that Tai would be a draft pick if he wasn't getting mis-utilized here.

Not that that changes anything.  There are some people still with egg on their faces.  I'm happy not to be one of them.  This time.

Sometimes, just sometimes, it takes certain players a year or two to "get" it.  To develop.  Apologies for citing a CU player as an example, but Anthony Tolliver was an absolute bust his first two years, and most of those dumbjay fans wanted to run him out of Omaha.  Needless to say, he developed his final two years.  Tai has what you simply can not teach, coach, or even to a certain extent, develop.  He has a 6'4" body with a long wingspan, great quickness, and a 38" vertical.  He has a desire to help the team. Miles has said repeatedly that he is always working hard and has a great attitude.  He doesn't pout.  He was so emotional late last year because he wanted to be a contributor, and you could tell that it meant a lot, and that it hurt.  So, Athleticism, Character, Hard-working, and determination.  I'll take that anyday.

Just so everyone knows, this thread was started by someone from New Zealand, apparently, who thought Tai's talents were being wasted by Tim Miles and that Tai should transfer for his own good.  The OP was not suggesting Tai should transfer because he wasn't good enough.  At one point, the poster said that Tai would be a draft pick if he wasn't getting mis-utilized here.

I think this is like the 3rd time this explanation has had to be made. I'm changing the subject line.