Nebraska isn't a good fit for Tai's skillset

Some_Fulla

I would have to say it doesn't seem like Tai will be here after this year. Glynn watson and andrew white will make it even more difficult for tai to see the floor next year

To say tai is being misused makes no sense. We've tried to use him at point guard and shooting guard, and both have failed so far. He's shooting 16% from 3 and 35% overall. He turns the ball over way more than tarin or benny.

We've always had a couple of Kidneys at most times; it was time to have a couple of others come out of the woodwork, as we seemingly went months without "that guy".  At some point we need a Hall of Fame.  I'm forgetting the names of some of the classics as time goes on.  But we are due to hear from Kearney Man.  Perhaps some One Nut, Rooster whatever it was,  and some others, if they weren't banned.

Anyway, Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Wouldn't that be a "Wall of Shame," even they must know that they're crack-pots!?

We've always had a couple of Kidneys at most times; it was time to have a couple of others come out of the woodwork, as we seemingly went months without "that guy".  At some point we need a Hall of Fame.  I'm forgetting the names of some of the classics as time goes on.  But we are due to hear from Kearney Man.  Perhaps some One Nut, Rooster whatever it was,  and some others, if they weren't banned.

Anyway, Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Actually, I think one guy has been responsible for several of the banned screen names and might have a few other identities waiting in the wings for when the time is right.  Or wrong, depending on your point of view.

If anyone leaves it should be Fuller. Tai has atleast seen the floor and could redshirt. Doing so would allow him to be here 1 year after White is gone. We have depth at the 3/4 with a number of guys and commits.

How often does a player RS in the middle of their college career?  Not including transfers.  No thanks...if Tai is going to stick around I don't think Miles wants to take the chance of holding on to his scholarship for three more years nor do I think Tai would agree to RS. 

If anyone leaves it should be Fuller. Tai has atleast seen the floor and could redshirt. Doing so would allow him to be here 1 year after White is gone. We have depth at the 3/4 with a number of guys and commits.

How often does a player RS in the middle of their college career?  Not including transfers.  No thanks...if Tai is going to stick around I don't think Miles wants to take the chance of holding on to his scholarship for three more years nor do I think Tai would agree to RS. 

Ray Gallegos did it.

Why exclude transfers? Maybe Tai needed a RS to begin with? Again, he would then provide depth at SG after TP and White are gone. We don't have much 2g depth. While Bick hasn't been good enough to realy see the floor. It's obvious by minutes this staff thinks more highly of Tai than Nick. Nick is what a 6 6 SF who isn't athle if enough to defend? He is a role player at best.

Why exclude transfers? Maybe Tai needed a RS to begin with? Again, he would then provide depth at SG after TP and White are gone. We don't have much 2g depth. While Bick hasn't been good enough to realy see the floor. It's obvious by minutes this staff thinks more highly of Tai than Nick. Nick is what a 6 6 SF who isn't athle if enough to defend? He is a role player at best.

Because when you are a transfer you are forced to sit out that year.  You don't get the option of playing.  Coaches are recruiting you knowing full well they won't have you that following year.  It's not very often a player within a program takes a RS halfway thru their career.  Sure, its possible but I doubt Webster would go for it...and I doubt Miles would go for it.  Thus far, Webster has not proven he can compete at this level...so why potentially hold on to that scholarship one year longer than you have to?  And what...you don't think Webster is a role player at best?  I have no idea on Fuller, we have not seen him enough.  We have watched Tai plenty thus far....and he has been pretty bad.     

Ray Gallegos did it.

I'm sure there are a few more examples.  It happens...not very often though.  And there is a reason for that.  Most players don't like to RS in the first place.....especially not a good who thinks he is eventually going to go pro like Tai does.  And I would be surprised if Miles would go for it.  1.  He would probably like to be able to use him next year if need be(if hes still in Lincoln)...and 2.  Tai looks like a bust right now so I doubt Miles is wanting to tie up that scholarship another year. 

If Tai needs a redshirt, it would have already happened.  I feel Miles feels that he can be better off with what we will have coming in and letting Tai's scholie go in 2 years to a new prospect.  Some prospects work out, and some do not.  Will Tai ever be "that" guy that we heard about?  We will have 2 more years to find out.  

One thing that may or may not of hurt Tai, no one knows but him, is that he came in to an already depleted team and therefore was an immediate player.  Look at how hard he worked this summer.  I think that is because he knew there were others on the team and coming in that could take minutes from him.  He is going to need to continue to work as hard has he can day in and day out to continue to earn playing time.  It will NOT be given to him.

It's clear Tai is better than Fuller, the minutes tell that story.

At this point last year Tai was averaging 27 minutes per game and Benny was averaging 13 per game.  How did that work out for Tai? Now Benny is getting more than 30 minutes a game and I don't know if you have noticed...but Tai's minutes are going down.  I don't know if Fuller is any better than Tai...but I don't think it's as simple as saying...welp...Tai is getting more minutes so obviously he's a better option. 

At this point last year Tai was averaging 27 minutes per game and Benny was averaging 13 per game.  How did that work out for Tai? Now Benny is getting more than 30 minutes a game and I don't know if you have noticed...but Tai's minutes are going down.  I don't know if Fuller is any better than Tai...but I don't think it's as simple as saying...welp...Tai is getting more minutes so obviously he's a better option.

Unfortunately, neither is a real good option right now.

I'm afraid you are correct.

I'm afraid you are correct.

Tai is athletic enough to make it at this level.  Sadly, it does not appear we can say the same for Mr. Fuller.  Great kid though he might be, he's just not explosive enough. 

I give Tai much more of a chance to develop his shot than Nick Fuller of developing his athleticism.  And if Tai could shoot, he'd be seeing a lot more floor time.