Nebraska isn't a good fit for Tai's skillset

Some_Fulla

Have you all seem to have forgotten about our horrendous start to last season? We win a few games in a row at the end of the season under a big spotlight and BAM, all of a sudden we're canning 19 and 20 year olds because of 1 OT loss on the road to a very decent  A10 team. There is a terrible stereotype starting to grow about our fan base and I hate it, and I hate that it's true. Don't get me wrong, it frustrates me just as much as the next guy when I see Terran jacking up shots to the ceiling with a guy in his face. You don't think it frustrates the team? You don't think it frustrates Miles? And the best question of them all, you don' trust Miles? After all the positive praising and glory you gave him for being the savior of Husker Basketball? I think he knows what he's doing, and I don't think any of us dimwits on this board could do any better of a job than he's done in 3 years of work. Think about this.... Maybe Miles is letting our guys learn the hard way. You learn from your mistakes, and he's making them learn that their style of play isn't going to win us games, until they all agree to play his style of play. So before you get your panties all in a wad, take a deep breath, realize that we have played 3 games, and we are returning the Coach of the Year. Oh and also realize that we were 19-13 last year. We are not Kentucky. We are not Duke. And we are sure as hell nowhere near the outrageous expectations that some fans are placing on the shoulders of this program. Will we get there? Maybe. But it's a process, just like almost every coach in college basketball would say.  

I really don't think this is the case. To me it seems we are looking for ideas, answers to the slow starts. End of last season was fun. Do you really blame the fans for wanting more? As far as I am concerned, any one can offer suggestions to the coaching staff. I bet they at least listen. We have an opportunity to have some thing different better than football. Your post remind me of how process oriented coach speak comes off as mind your own business. Give it a rest. Our fans are taking ownership of the product and need to make sense of the "process". tux

Have you all seem to have forgotten about our horrendous start to last season? We win a few games in a row at the end of the season under a big spotlight and BAM, all of a sudden we're canning 19 and 20 year olds because of 1 OT loss on the road to a very decent  A10 team. There is a terrible stereotype starting to grow about our fan base and I hate it, and I hate that it's true. Don't get me wrong, it frustrates me just as much as the next guy when I see Terran jacking up shots to the ceiling with a guy in his face. You don't think it frustrates the team? You don't think it frustrates Miles? And the best question of them all, you don' trust Miles? After all the positive praising and glory you gave him for being the savior of Husker Basketball? I think he knows what he's doing, and I don't think any of us dimwits on this board could do any better of a job than he's done in 3 years of work. Think about this.... Maybe Miles is letting our guys learn the hard way. You learn from your mistakes, and he's making them learn that their style of play isn't going to win us games, until they all agree to play his style of play. So before you get your panties all in a wad, take a deep breath, realize that we have played 3 games, and we are returning the Coach of the Year. Oh and also realize that we were 19-13 last year. We are not Kentucky. We are not Duke. And we are sure as hell nowhere near the outrageous expectations that some fans are placing on the shoulders of this program. Will we get there? Maybe. But it's a process, just like almost every coach in college basketball would say.  

I really don't think this is the case. To me it seems we are looking for ideas, answers to the slow starts. End of last season was fun. Do you really blame the fans for wanting more? As far as I am concerned, any one can offer suggestions to the coaching staff. I bet they at least listen. We have an opportunity to have some thing different better than football. Your post remind me of how process oriented coach speak comes off as mind your own business. Give it a rest. Our fans are taking ownership of the product and need to make sense of the "process". tux

Serious?  You think Tim Miles and his staff listen to message board suggestions? 

Tux:

The end of last season was two back-to-back losses. That's all I'm concerned about and I hope that's all the team is concerned about. What's stuck in your head is the nice run we put together at the end of conference play, not the giant collapse against Ohio St. or the failure to execute against Baylor. And I don't think this University is paying Coach Miles a lot of money to read message boards and listen to fans' suggestions, but maybe that's just me... I understand wanting more as a fan base, but understand why Coach Miles said in his very first interview as head coach of Nebraska that this is going to be a process. And if I'm not mistaken he said it multiple times. That is why I personally try not to speculate and trust in what he's building. This is just how I look at it though, and I'm not disrespecting anybody on this board that does like to speculate or throw out ideas because that's part of what message boards are for and some of them are fun to read. 

Serious?  You think Tim Miles and his staff listen to message board suggestions? 

Yes as a matter of fact I really do. How much weight it has depends on the suggestion. He/they get ideas some where. tux

Tux:

The end of last season was two back-to-back losses. That's all I'm concerned about and I hope that's all the team is concerned about. What's stuck in your head is the nice run we put together at the end of conference play, not the giant collapse against Ohio St. or the failure to execute against Baylor. And I don't think this University is paying Coach Miles a lot of money to read message boards and listen to fans' suggestions, but maybe that's just me... I understand wanting more as a fan base, but understand why Coach Miles said in his very first interview as head coach of Nebraska that this is going to be a process. And if I'm not mistaken he said it multiple times. That is why I personally try not to speculate and trust in what he's building. This is just how I look at it though, and I'm not disrespecting anybody on this board that does like to speculate or throw out ideas because that's part of what message boards are for and some of them are fun to read. 

I guess I didn't see the comments that way. I thought some one was defending the "process". I am aware of the end of season success as well as the last two games. They were a young team and they choked. Okay? I was ready to stick it out come hell or high water and kind of got a gift horse. A staff change has me pumped up this season especially on D and now believe we are close. Process is probably the right term but I have heard it used so many times so many ways that it really seems like an excuse to me. This coach is different than any I have seen in his approach to selling the product. It is actually one of those "really what next" things for me. I do follow basketball and have many opinions and some are even right. Second guessing is second nature, even to the coaches. Maybe they read the boards when they are bored or need a good laugh. If media reads this stuff so do they. tux

Yes as a matter of fact I really do. How much weight it has depends on the suggestion. He/they get ideas some where. tux

Can't tell if you are serious or just trolling.  But I promise you the coaches don't have time to read fan message boards....not even for laughs, let alone getting coaching pointers. 

Have you all seem to have forgotten about our horrendous start to last season? We win a few games in a row at the end of the season under a big spotlight and BAM, all of a sudden we're canning 19 and 20 year olds because of 1 OT loss on the road to a very decent A10 team. There is a terrible stereotype starting to grow about our fan base and I hate it, and I hate that it's true. Don't get me wrong, it frustrates me just as much as the next guy when I see Terran jacking up shots to the ceiling with a guy in his face. You don't think it frustrates the team? You don't think it frustrates Miles? And the best question of them all, you don' trust Miles? After all the positive praising and glory you gave him for being the savior of Husker Basketball? I think he knows what he's doing, and I don't think any of us dimwits on this board could do any better of a job than he's done in 3 years of work. Think about this.... Maybe Miles is letting our guys learn the hard way. You learn from your mistakes, and he's making them learn that their style of play isn't going to win us games, until they all agree to play his style of play. So before you get your panties all in a wad, take a deep breath, realize that we have played 3 games, and we are returning the Coach of the Year. Oh and also realize that we were 19-13 last year. We are not Kentucky. We are not Duke. And we are sure as hell nowhere near the outrageous expectations that some fans are placing on the shoulders of this program. Will we get there? Maybe. But it's a process, just like almost every coach in college basketball would say.

Serious? You think Tim Miles and his staff listen to message board suggestions?

He/they don't.

Have you all seem to have forgotten about our horrendous start to last season? We win a few games in a row at the end of the season under a big spotlight and BAM, all of a sudden we're canning 19 and 20 year olds because of 1 OT loss on the road to a very decent A10 team. There is a terrible stereotype starting to grow about our fan base and I hate it, and I hate that it's true. Don't get me wrong, it frustrates me just as much as the next guy when I see Terran jacking up shots to the ceiling with a guy in his face. You don't think it frustrates the team? You don't think it frustrates Miles? And the best question of them all, you don' trust Miles? After all the positive praising and glory you gave him for being the savior of Husker Basketball? I think he knows what he's doing, and I don't think any of us dimwits on this board could do any better of a job than he's done in 3 years of work. Think about this.... Maybe Miles is letting our guys learn the hard way. You learn from your mistakes, and he's making them learn that their style of play isn't going to win us games, until they all agree to play his style of play. So before you get your panties all in a wad, take a deep breath, realize that we have played 3 games, and we are returning the Coach of the Year. Oh and also realize that we were 19-13 last year. We are not Kentucky. We are not Duke. And we are sure as hell nowhere near the outrageous expectations that some fans are placing on the shoulders of this program. Will we get there? Maybe. But it's a process, just like almost every coach in college basketball would say.

Serious? You think Tim Miles and his staff listen to message board suggestions?

He/they don't.

We've always had a couple of Kidneys at most times; it was time to have a couple of others come out of the woodwork, as we seemingly went months without "that guy".  At some point we need a Hall of Fame.  I'm forgetting the names of some of the classics as time goes on.  But we are due to hear from Kearney Man.  Perhaps some One Nut, Rooster whatever it was,  and some others, if they weren't banned.

Anyway, Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

uhhmmm... Think he is on a draft board now, heck he has been offered, and turned down six figures to come play for this coach who is "ruining him".

So I guess he has that to be thankful for.

And of course TERRAN is over rated at this time in the season, buy the way we Husker fans call him TERRAN not Petteway. Also spelled with an e. Just a trying to help those trying to troll.

Can't tell if you are serious or just trolling.  But I promise you the coaches don't have time to read fan message boards....not even for laughs, let alone getting coaching pointers. 

Well if it makes you feel any better I don't believe Tai should transfer. I have reread my posts again and I still don't see trolling. If you mean disagreeing okay. I firmly believe the last years team way over preformed to my expectations. Coaching has improved this year. Maybe high expectations are going to be normal around Husker nation. I for one am not going to assign myself as process policeman. Take it as an insult or not, nothing I stated is not true. tux

• 1 month later...

Bump...

Well it looks like i was right.. Apologies please guys!

Yeahhhh...noooooo....you weren't right.  You may be right that Webster needs to transfer.  For the betterment of the program.  But when you say Miles has mis-used Webster it makes you sound very trollish.  There is no right way to use a guy who can't shoot or dribble.  He's just not very good.