Nebraska isn't a good fit for Tai's skillset

Some_Fulla

This is why I don't like to go to our football games anymore and pray that it won't leak over into basketball.  Players should play, coaches coach and fans cheer.  Break it down on message boards all you want and many fans are very smart and can do so.  Don't yell it out because no one that matters can hear you and don't lace it with profanity because its unnecessary.

Players gonna play and haters gonna hate.  I just suggest you shake it off.

All of these people giving up on Tai and thinking he should transfer is typical for this fan base. 

Anybody who has watched him play could see that ability is not an issue with him. It has been all mental. Seems he has gotten over that hump and I expect great things from him going forward. 

Agree.  I'm very happy that we have people coming out to support the team.  However, what I question is how some people have a completely skewed idea on what a college player should look like on the court.  We are not Kentucky or a top tier program.  Be glad that we are building something here in Lincoln.  Do not take shots at a college kid who is not playing the greatest.  Tai is going to be okay, and he will not transfer.  Some people in the state need to get a grip on these thoughts because they sound ignorant.  

Ironic post from you Ron with your dig at the Husker fanbase considering your recent digs at a new Husker coach that has been in Lincoln for just two months now. I realize youre still upset Pelini was fired but it wasnt the Husker fanbases fault. Pelini has himself to blame and the decision was only cemented after more psycho like antics from him. The cancer needed to be eliminated from the program. So you may want to get off your high horse. I didn't get to watch the MSU or Mich game as I was out of the country. Going off the stats Tai played well vs MSU. Going off the stats vs Mich he didn't play well. Unfortunately, his game vs Mich has been more of the norm for him. Not his performance vs MSU. It's going to take multiple performances like that before I'm a believer. Going thru this thread again there was what...two posters who outright said Tai should transfer? And one is from New Zealand and obviously not a Husker fan? I don't think he should transfer or leave the program...but I don't think it's such a terrible thing to point out he has under performed. Stats will back up that claim. If we could get Tai to consistently play like he did against Mich St it would be huge for the remainder of the year and the future.

This is why I don't like to go to our football games anymore and pray that it won't leak over into basketball.  Players should play, coaches coach and fans cheer.  Break it down on message boards all you want and many fans are very smart and can do so.  Don't yell it out because no one that matters can hear you and don't lace it with profanity because its unnecessary.

Simple thoughts....solid thoughts. And wouldn't it be nice if everybody understood "and fans cheered" meant you supported and believed in your team the whole game (implies you stay for whole game as well).

• 6 months later...

He just doesn't fit with this group.. especially with the two chuckers going Kobe.. 

He was an aggressive gun scoring guard before Nebraska.. now Miles has turned him into a very average point guard..

So, it'll be interesting to see what kind of season Tai has without those two chuckers going Kobe.

Early returns looked pretty decent.  Hope he keeps it up.  Even better if he starts hitting a good percentage of his deep shots.

He just doesn't fit with this group.. especially with the two chuckers going Kobe.. 

He was an aggressive gun scoring guard before Nebraska.. now Miles has turned him into a very average point guard..

So, it'll be interesting to see what kind of season Tai has without those two chuckers going Kobe.

Early returns looked pretty decent.  Hope he keeps it up.  Even better if he starts hitting a good percentage of his deep shots.

Having a couple shooters to spread the court should help, too.

Having a couple shooters to spread the court should help, too.

Well, it will as long as they don't start going Kobe on us.

I didn't see him go off in the third quarter but from what I watched not much change from last year.  Taking steps without dribbling leading to travels and ill advised shots trying to create.  I assume most of his points were at the rim and inside as most of the team was easily able to score inside.  I'm still not convinced in him until he hits outside shots on a more consistent level.