We'll probably lose when......

bkamler

When your star goes 5-18 including 1 for 7 from three.

Especially when according to the announcer he's playing out of control as evidenced by 8 turnovers.

Then throw in whoever is disguised as Pitchford that played a lot of minutes without making a basket and only got 3 boards.

We got out rebounded by 19 with 16 on of them being offensive boards!

If we had played a good team we would have been blown out by 30.

But its one game and I had it marked down as a loss in my win/loss projections but I am sorry I was right.

Meanwhile Creighton knocks off the rated Sooners and UN-omaha knocks off Marquette. Two teams in Nebraska are playing well but Tim will get to work on it and he certainly has their attention now!

This will probably seem too harsh for the kool-aid drinkers on this board but I have to get this off of my chest.  When the 6'10' forward and the 6'4" starting point guard combine for 1 field goal and the 6'9" center scores 1 point you are in big trouble.  The only good thing, and I am not sure that is true, is Petteway WILL be back next year.  He had enough turn overs to feed the entire town of Lincoln.  He is not pro material, at least not now.  We also obviously have no depth as well.  Fuller and Hammond remained on the bench through out this fiasco.  Those of you that predicted a blow out over Creighton better beware of not only Creighton by UNO.  If we play no better than last night, we will lose both.  This team right now reminds me of another team that played yesterday morning.  We ha.no one in charge.  I consider Rhode Island at best a  mediocre team in their league and yet we got embarrassed by them.  I hope we have a 180 degree turnabout.  I just see so many  deficiencies it is hard to imagine what will happen when we play someone good.

I don't think RI will prove to be a bad loss. But it's that we had every chance to win yet player very poor. And after watching the first 4 games I think there is some cause for concern. We are not a good enough shooting team to get killed on the boards like we have this year. Time for Pitch to wake up as he's badly needed.

I don't think RI will prove to be a bad loss. But it's that we had every chance to win yet player very poor. And after watching the first 4 games I think there is some cause for concern. We are not a good enough shooting team to get killed on the boards like we have this year. Time for Pitch to wake up as he's badly needed.

Rhode Island has decent teams from time to time.  Not shocked by this loss.  One thing about the loss, it gets our attention before we play UN-O.  Much sooner loose to Rhode on the road, rather than UN-O at home.  We could smoke Creighton if we have it together.  Probably a close game, glad we are playing here.

Meanwhile Creighton knocks off the rated Sooners and UN-omaha knocks off Marquette. Two teams in Nebraska are playing well but Tim will get to work on it and he certainly has their attention now!

It's like they say in "There is no place like Nebraska"

We'll all stick together,
In only fair weather,
For dear old Nebraska U.