interesting non-conference scores

Row6Seat10

That's a good win for your Wildcats Noah! Must have been a pretty wild overtime with all the points that were scored! You going to be able to get to the "Vault" over Christmas vacation? Sure would be great to have your enthusiasm back for a little while!  :)

Speaking of Illinois they blew a 11 point lead last night against Oklahoma late in the game and got beat in OT 78-76.

I should be able to get to both the High Point and the Maryland games.  Since Northwestern isn't coming during this break, I will be pure-red this time :)

Sucks to see Chatrice White doing so well as a true freshman at Illinois.  I mean, good for her, I guess.  But sucks she's not in a Husker uni.  You seen what she's doing?  15 pts and 8 1/2 bds/game.  That's good whoever she is.  But as a true freshman?  At a major college program?  I'm jealous.  I know I shouldn't be, but she could be playing on a Top 10 team at her home state school.  And we could use a player of her skill set.

Yup, we could have used her. I know they knocked off Kentucky and played Oklahoma tough. It will be interesting to see her stats in conference. Is the Kissinger girl getting any meaningful playing time?

Kissinger averaging 10 minutes a game, 2 points, 1 board.  2-15 from 3

UConn won by 76-58 on Notre Dame's court in front of a sell-out crowd. UConn was behind 28-18 after the first 10 mins but then clamped down on Loyd and scored the next 16 points to take the lead. I think Loyd had 17 in the first half. UConn got into their groove on offense and still defended Loyd pretty hard to start the second half to take an even bigger lead. Loyd wound up getting 14 more points later in the second half but it was too little too late. So of NDs 58 points, Loyd scored 31. She was 10 of 27 on field goals, the entire team shot around 31%. No one else on the team attempted more than 12 shots and that player was the only other one in double figures with 11. UConn was much more balanced with 4 players in double figures with Morgan Tuck leading the way with 25 points. They shot 47.5% from the field.

In a game that most likely won't make the Husker team or fans to happy.

Mercer a perennial bottom feeder in the Atlantic-Sun Conference beat Alabama this afternoon in Tuscaloosa 45-39!

It does make me happy that they got beat, Huskers beat em if it weren't for a lot of HOME COOKING. I don't think shorting the season by a week is helping a lot of teams. Looks two me that their is going to be a lot injuries. I think we are seeing that not only on the Huskers but other teams that they played and will play.

• 1 month later...

Unless UConn gets into a different conference, I really wonder how long Geno will be sticking around that school.  UConn's conference is ABYSMAL!!!  In conference play UConn is averaging 93 points, their opponents are averaging 43 points!  That is an average scoring margin of 50 points!!!  No wonder they play the top 10 teams in non conference every year.... they need the boost for their RPI and to show the rest of the country that they are still relevant.  If you are UConn I dont think you really need a pulse to beat the teams in their conference...

UCONN could go the whole year with not playing top 10 teams till the tournament and still win the NCAA. They will be relevant no matter what conference they are in. If they were in any conference they would still beat teams by 30 to 50 points a game look at the Duke game and Notre Dame. I bet they win by 20 against South Carolina on the 9th. So I don't think there is a conference for them because they are basically out on their own island always!!

• 4 weeks later...