2014-15 Season Predictions

HuskerCager

What they fail to mention is that if we do not make the Sweet 16, Miles wins the bet and Petteway has to stay for his Senior season. :rolleyes:  

With the current RPI, my calculations figure 12 to 13 (including B10 tourney) conference wins will be required to eclipse a sub 50 RPI.

I'd say our inexcusable bad losses have led us to one monumental, if not miraculous, task ahead to reach the goals of an NCAA tourney.

Falling asleep in December can doom your post season hopes, even with a good conf. season.  The loss to our rivals in Omaha will prove ugly at season's end.

None the less, we're still in the ballgame.  Can't afford ANY home losses from here out.  Period. 

In the "revised" season predictions in the OWH today, NU moved from a 4th-place prediction in November to 8th place today. So I guess the good news is that means we're the "hunters" again.  ;) And we didn't fall the farthest - Michigan went from 5th to 10th.

Indiana is up from 9th to 4th.

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/with-carryover-missing-husker-hoops-sometimes-seem-stuck-between-seasons/article_d2ff8222-bad3-5343-b6db-3342955602f1.html

With the current RPI, my calculations figure 12 to 13 (including B10 tourney) conference wins will be required to eclipse a sub 50 RPI.

I'd say our inexcusable bad losses have led us to one monumental, if not miraculous, task ahead to reach the goals of an NCAA tourney.

Falling asleep in December can doom your post season hopes, even with a good conf. season.  The loss to our rivals in Omaha will prove ugly at season's end.

None the less, we're still in the ballgame.  Can't afford ANY home losses from here out.  Period. 

I don't care what kind of RPI we have... we go 12-6 or 13-5 in the Big 10, we are in for sure.  11-7 may do it as well.

With a 10-8 record in the Big 10 RPI Wizard on RPI Forecast has us as 44 RPI and 29 SOS.  Not sure if that would be good enough this year with the Big Ten being down...but I don't think we need to win 12-13 games to be top 50 RPI.