Conner Frankamp

jayschool

F/U on CF. My source wishes he had stayed at KU but has no inside info as to whether he plans to become a Jay or a Shocker. Not knowing the kid, unless he has issues with the Wichita coaches, that would be the more logical choice. Unless there is some Big 12 transfer rule, OSU and OU are both closer than Omaha, but who knows what he is thinking?

F/U on CF. My source wishes he had stayed at KU but has no inside info as to whether he plans to become a Jay or a Shocker. Not knowing the kid, unless he has issues with the Wichita coaches, that would be the more logical choice. Unless there is some Big 12 transfer rule, OSU and OU are both closer than Omaha, but who knows what he is thinking?

Quite a bit of Shocker fans don't want him.  Sounds like he is a one trick pony and his dad is a major headcase.  Reading up on a few KU boards it sounds like his dad is a REAL treat. 

This is what the kid said..,in part... in his parting press release

"I've been thinking about this for a while now," Frankamp said in the release. "I love KU and I love the Jayhawks. I feel like I've improved quite a bit since I've been here. I love my teammates but I just don't feel like it's the right fit for me. We have many good guards and so many big-time players. I want to be at a place where I could play a bigger role."

One could interpret this to read in part that he is selfish and cares more about his playing time and his stats rather than what is best for the team.  With a team like Kansas, and quite honestly Wichita State is close to this, is that the team has a number of stars that qualify as difference makers.  This kid is a role player on teams such as this.  He needs to go to a school that is more of a bottom feeder and in doing so, he can be a much bigger fish in a much smaller pond. 

"I've been thinking about this for a while now," Frankamp said in the release. "I love KU and I love the Jayhawks. I feel like I've improved quite a bit since I've been here. I love my teammates but I just don't feel like it's the right fit for me. We have many good guards and so many big-time players. I want to be at a place where I could play a bigger role."

One could interpret this to read in part that he is selfish and cares more about his playing time and his stats rather than what is best for the team.  With a team like Kansas, and quite honestly Wichita State is close to this, is that the team has a number of stars that qualify as difference makers.  This kid is a role player on teams such as this.  He needs to go to a school that is more of a bottom feeder and in doing so, he can be a much bigger fish in a much smaller pond. 

How's this situation different than Andrew White?  Does that make us a bottom feeder by bringing him in?

We're the beneficiary of a KU transfer.  It's not uncommon that kids find themselves caught in a numbers game and realize they'd get more PT at a lower level school.  I'm not going to hold it against a kid who realizes he's stuck behind more talented players and wants to go somewhere where he'll see the field/floor.  I'm glad White chose to leave KU and become a Husker.  If Frankcamp makes a similar choice, hey, it's his life and he has to figure out what path will work best for him.

How's this situation different than Andrew White?  Does that make us a bottom feeder by bringing him in?

We're the beneficiary of a KU transfer.  It's not uncommon that kids find themselves caught in a numbers game and realize they'd get more PT at a lower level school.  I'm not going to hold it against a kid who realizes he's stuck behind more talented players and wants to go somewhere where he'll see the field/floor.  I'm glad White chose to leave KU and become a Husker.  If Frankcamp makes a similar choice, hey, it's his life and he has to figure out what path will work best for him.

Name our difference makers Norm?  Prior to Petteway, we had none, and yes, we were indeed hovering in the middle to lower portion of the feeder.  With Coach Miles, we have made progress.  We still are in need of difference makers to make it to the upper level.  We have one true blue difference maker in Petteway.  Shavon is close, as is Walt, as is White.  Perhaps we will soon be a consistent top tier program.  We have not been there in the past.  KU has been.  Creighton has been for the past couple of years (and I believe we are now passing them as we rise and they start a bit of a fall.)  Wichita State was a top five team last year. 

Name our difference makers Norm?  Prior to Petteway, we had none, and yes, we were indeed hovering in the middle to lower portion of the feeder.  With Coach Miles, we have made progress.  We still are in need of difference makers to make it to the upper level.  We have one true blue difference maker in Petteway.  Shavon is close, as is Walt, as is White.  Perhaps we will soon be a consistent top tier program.  We have not been there in the past.  KU has been.  Creighton has been for the past couple of years (and I believe we are now passing them as we rise and they start a bit of a fall.)  Wichita State was a top five team last year. 

OK, we're a bottom feeder.  So, I guess more to the point, is Andrew White selfish for transferring to play for us?

OK, we're a bottom feeder.  So, I guess more to the point, is Andrew White selfish for transferring to play for us?

Perhaps. 

Some pretty funny stuff on Shockernet in the Frankamp thread:  http://shockernet.net/forum/showthread.php?18963-Frankamp-leaving-KU

I went over and read this thread...and all I have to say is:

Thank you mods, for not giving us a solid black background to read from!

and...Does anybody have a drug that works on both my headache and eyestrain?

• 4 weeks later...

Some pretty funny stuff on Shockernet in the Frankamp thread:  http://shockernet.net/forum/showthread.php?18963-Frankamp-leaving-KU

I went over and read this thread...and all I have to say is:

Thank you mods, for not giving us a solid black background to read from!

and...Does anybody have a drug that works on both my headache and eyestrain?

NyQuil SHOTS.