I post here because ...

Norm Peterson

You too cip?

Well I kind of think of this site as a bar where you can sit and talk freely with friends about things and not have to feel like your stupid or that your $.02 will be ripped. Or when somebody can't spell or forgets names or gives minuses when they mean pluses. That nobody is going to make fun of you. Well at least not on the site. ;)

And the fact that I truely love my Husker Hoops.

Also while sitting tonight at the Vault it dawned on me that this is the start of my 50 th year of going to games. Mom started taking me when Imwas 4 and I will turn 54 this year so... GO BIG RED.

So when I was going to the games while I was in college...were you the annoying little kid behind me? :o:angry::D

Only child, dad worked nights and was a bit of a ball of engery, hard to believe it if you saw me today. I do remember that my mom had to introduce me for bed. I would stand out side in the hall and my mom would announce the whole starter for the Huskers and I would be last ne I would run in and roll into bed and go to sleep.

You must have been lucky enough to live near campus AND have a VERY good mama.

You too cip?

Well I kind of think of this site as a bar where you can sit and talk freely with friends about things and not have to feel like your stupid or that your $.02 will be ripped. Or when somebody can't spell or forgets names or gives minuses when they mean pluses. That nobody is going to make fun of you. Well at least not on the site. ;)

And the fact that I truely love my Husker Hoops.

Also while sitting tonight at the Vault it dawned on me that this is the start of my 50 th year of going to games. Mom started taking me when Imwas 4 and I will turn 54 this year so... GO BIG RED.

So when I was going to the games while I was in college...were you the annoying little kid behind me? :o:angry::D

Only child, dad worked nights and was a bit of a ball of engery, hard to believe it if you saw me today. I do remember that my mom had to introduce me for bed. I would stand out side in the hall and my mom would announce the whole starter for the Huskers and I would be last ne I would run in and roll into bed and go to sleep.

You must have been lucky enough to live near campus AND have a VERY good mama.

Sounds like fun!

But, how does your response appear in the middle of my quote?

I don't post a lot, but I've been coming to HHC for a long time because this is THE BEST message board when it comes to Nebraska Basketball.  I haven't seen a better Husker message board for Nebrasketball.  There are a lot of great discussions (and information) here, and I believe this is where a lot of the diehard Nebraska basketball fans have been coming for years.

Looks like Dan pretty much nailed it for my comment. I'll add that I used to go to other boards for NU sports, but this is the only place that I frequent (lurking, posting, etc) & have for nearly a decade (since the days it was formed...). Since Husker Hoops is my passion, why go any where else w/ only so much time to spend on this (or any other) sporting endeavor?

Many reasons this is my favorite message board I have ever seen, let alone be a part of. 

1.  Information.  Any breaking Husker Hoops news is going to be here instantly so I use this to gather it. 

2.  Generally awesome people.  You can just tell that most guys are the types it would be a pleasure to have a beer with.  I have had the pleasure to meet a few at a gathering and it was as expected.

3.  Very clever, witty and funny guys.  Several different types of humor, and most of them work and genuinely amuse me. 

4.  There are a lot of guys like me here that for some reason are extremely passionate about Husker Hoops.  Guys that were mentally and physically exhausted after that Wisconsin game.  Guys that could hardly drink a beer after the game they were so spent. 

5.  Several guys that are very sharp basketball minds.   And just as important, there generally are not guys that try to act like they are great basketball minds when they aren't for the most part.  That is what often happens at most forums and it simply ruins it.  Furthermore, different guys bring different interesting aspects of knowledge. 

I don't post very often any more, but I still keep up with most of the conversations here.

I remember making the switch from Rivals to HHC back when HHC first existed. I think my reasons are similar to those mentioned: there is an active conversation here about husker basketball, and it's not secondary comments from those who are primarily interested in football.

What's even better is that the conversation happens largely among those who were interested in basketball long before we made it back to the NCAA tourney. I don't mean this like a hipster thing ("I liked Nebrasketball before it was cool"), but rather, I know the people here will keep posting and discussing the state of the program in its highs as well as its lows. And this is what I really want--I know that I will continue to be excited every November, hopeful at the start of every season, whether we continue the upward Miles trend or not. And it's nice to have others who share these feelings and to either commiserate in our losses or celebrate our wins.

So, thanks to you all for providing this possibility!

Many reasons this is my favorite message board I have ever seen, let alone be a part of. 

1.  Information.  Any breaking Husker Hoops news is going to be here instantly so I use this to gather it. 

2.  Generally awesome people.  You can just tell that most guys are the types it would be a pleasure to have a beer with.  I have had the pleasure to meet a few at a gathering and it was as expected.

3.  Very clever, witty and funny guys.  Several different types of humor, and most of them work and genuinely amuse me. 

4.  There are a lot of guys like me here that for some reason are extremely passionate about Husker Hoops.  Guys that were mentally and physically exhausted after that Wisconsin game.  Guys that could hardly drink a beer after the game they were so spent. 

5.  Several guys that are very sharp basketball minds.   And just as important, there generally are not guys that try to act like they are great basketball minds when they aren't for the most part.  That is what often happens at most forums and it simply ruins it.  Furthermore, different guys bring different interesting aspects of knowledge.

Spot on Royal, and tough loss last night man.

And Tricky that is why I kind of hate my ipad, I don't always know where I am when I post.:)

Hard to articulate it better than Royal does here.  Although for the record, I had no trouble continuing to drink beer after the Wisconsin game, despite being spent. 

I was new to the message board world when I found HHC. It was brand new at the time, I believe. I would lurk at Huskerpedia (at the time) and the Rivals sites and a couple others and the inanity of the football conversations drove me crazy. I wanted nothing to do with it and the conversations for he other sports were...sparse... and being the new guy, I never felt like I was taken seriously, which happens on every established board, including this one from time to time, unfortunately. But with HHC, being brand new, we were all the new guys. And I could talk about something I really was interested in, not just the oppressive football conversations that just went in circles anyway. I only post on one other board and it's a board for my baseball team. I can't remember the last time I went to the boards at Husker Max or Rivals. 

Your posts Norm!

Also love arguing with nustudent back in the Sadler years  :D

big red22 showed me this site! And of course for your posts NORM!

Thanks, guys.  I just say what's on my mind and my goal is and always has been to facilitate the conversation and get people to talk about something I'm really passionate about.  The more the merrier.

I have been on message boards for 15 years and still pay for rivals but always come here for my husker hoops fix as nothing else comes close. As someone who does not post very often I still find myself checking this board 5 times a day for info. For that I say thanks to all the people that post any info you can get.  Hell I even like the squabbles and find myself laughing all the time. I love the recruiting page as rivals basketball coverage is poor. 

I'm a sad, lonely individual weened on Saturday afternoons listening to Jay Randolf on those old Big 8 TV broadcasts. I've been mocked and ridiculed for years by my friends for giving a s**t about Husker hoops and now I'm here... 

I liked Jay, too, but Gary Thompson was a bit much. Too much Cyclone in him, I guess. It's tough listening to anyone from Iowa. Damn near put me to sleep.

I think college basketball, as opposed to the pro game, is the most entertaining sport there is to follow and the Huskers are my lifelong team through good or ill -- a LOT of ill :( -- and aside for the actual games, this is the best place and personalities to connect with. Also, sometimes I just need a place to unwind when time or Nebraska weather won't let me get in the wind.

Your posts Norm!

Also love arguing with nustudent back in the Sadler years  :D

big red22 showed me this site! And of course for your posts NORM!

Thanks, guys.  I just say what's on my mind and my goal is and always has been to facilitate the conversation and get people to talk about something I'm really passionate about.  The more the merrier.

That's what she said!

I rarely post but check the board daily. I came to HHC a few years ago because of the focus on Husker Hoops and the great information. I've stayed because of the information but even more so because of the people. You all seem like such great people! Norm's candor, Kamdy's recruiting insight, Dimes and others leading the way make this the best Husker Hoops site. And I look forward to meeting you all some day when I can visit the PBA and grab a beer or two with you guys in the Haymarket! And then taking the party down the road to Conlee's!

I rarely post but check the board daily. I came to HHC a few years ago because of the focus on Husker Hoops and the great information. I've stayed because of the information but even more so because of the people. You all seem like such great people! Norm's candor, Kamdy's recruiting insight, Dimes and others leading the way make this the best Husker Hoops site. And I look forward to meeting you all some day when I can visit the PBA and grab a beer or two with you guys in the Haymarket! And then taking the party down the road to Conlee's!

Apparently Cip has been having some issues with his internet access, so the party at Conlee's will probably be rated PG.  Not that there's anything wrong with that.  Just, if you were hoping for something more, you'll probably have to clear it with Cip's better half.  Just sayin.

My story is that I was involved pretty closely 25 some years ago with the Husker woman’s program and when that closeness went away I still wanted to engage in some kind of conversation with anyone that would listen about the team. Those people as you can imagine turned out to be a very few. One of those people though was Jeff Griesch and still to this day I look forward to sitting down with him and talking about the team. He’s like a walking encyclopedia on the history of this team.

I used to start threads on the rivals board around the turn of the century but everything I put on there was almost always answered with derogatory responses. It’d never fail. So, I just quit. I found a Big Twelve wbb message board in our Big 12 days along with Noah121 and a few other NU fans and that became our stomping grounds.

One day I happened to check the Rivals board and in a thread someone mentioned that a new site was in the works on Husker Hoops. So, I went directly to that site (HHC) and registered, the rest is history.

My first post went something like this “Is it okay if I periodically post a thread about the Husker women’s team. The first response was from Dimes and he encouraged me to do so. The responses were favorable as others were interested in it also. So I kept it up. It wasn’t but a few months after that that Dimes set up a separate forum for the women.

I feel in a way now it’s my responsibility somewhat to keep the discussion going on that forum. :Never in a million years would I have thought it would take off the way it has. It’s developed into one of the top forums in the country among other schools. It's without a doubt the best in the B1G.  I’m constantly finding other message boards pasting links from our site and information on what we put on there.

Don’t get me wrong I love the men’s team also and like to converse about them too. But I just know a little bit more about the ins and outs of the Husker women and like the fact that we can converse with both without the derogatory comments.

I just wish Sideburns Jones would show up again and share some his wisdom with us again.

I've been here since Dave started it and haven't had any reason to look anywhere else.  Everybody here says it's the best site and I have no reason to suspect that's not accurate.   I don't have the time to hunt down other sites anyway.   I really appreciate everyone's input to make this what it is.  I'm very glad the site has stayed pretty tight and classy even with last years success.   My personal fear was that it would get big and out of control ( too much to read and keep up with ), but that hasn't happened.   Everybody keep doing what you're doing !  

Apparently Cip has been having some issues with his internet access, so the party at Conlee's will probably be rated PG. Not that there's anything wrong with that. Just, if you were hoping for something more, you'll probably have to clear it with Cip's better half. Just sayin.

Thanks for the heads up, Norm. No worries on the PG part. That's my life here with 4 kids ages 7 and under. :) I just thought if I can ever make it to the PBA to meet all of you guys I should go to Conlee's to meet the famous Cip, try the salsa, etc. Maybe I should try the pregame meal there and then a beer in the Haymarket after. At any rate I'm looking forward to catching a game some time. Maybe I can make it back next year.

Felt compelled to comment on this thread in view of the Sideburns reference since I've actually been here since the original board was begun like Row6. I can remember when Dave first started the site and it was usually dominated by a couple of Pius kids sitting around in study hall. It was originally a very small band of brothers joined by our common interest in the esoteric subject of NU basketball. There was only one forum and people usually posted almost any random thought. People were cordial, funny, and seldom mean spirited. This has , fortunately, continued as the site has grown and morphed into something much larger (mirroring the NU program). And it has stayed free. I have come to know several posters personally and will always be connected to the site because of the generous and kind thoughts sent to me during a serious health problem of mine almost a decade ago. At any rate, I think this will always be the place to be for people who care about Nebraska basketball and are not particularly interested in being internet stars themselves. I hope it doesn't change and continues to feel like Norm's Cheers bar in the future.