Big Red Tip-Off

HuskerActuary

Here is the schedule, BTW

Big Red Tip-Off Event Schedule
·          5:45 p.m. – Gates open

·          6:00 p.m. – Sports Nightly Broadcast from Pinnacle Bank Arena

·          6:30 p.m. – Introductions of both men’s and women’s teams

·          6:50 p.m. – Women’s scrimmage for 15 minutes

·          7:05 p.m. – Halftime show (3-point contest, dunk contest, Scarlets performance)

·          7:25 p.m. – Men’s scrimmage for 15 minutes

·          7:45 p.m. – Autograph session on concourse until 8:30 p.m. (4 areas of MBB/WBB players)

Here is the schedule, BTW

Big Red Tip-Off Event Schedule
·          5:45 p.m. – Gates open

·          6:00 p.m. – Sports Nightly Broadcast from Pinnacle Bank Arena

·          6:30 p.m. – Introductions of both men’s and women’s teams

·          6:50 p.m. – Women’s scrimmage for 15 minutes

·          7:05 p.m. – Halftime show (3-point contest, dunk contest, Scarlets performance)

·          7:25 p.m. – Men’s scrimmage for 15 minutes

·          7:45 p.m. – Autograph session on concourse until 8:30 p.m. (4 areas of MBB/WBB players)

7:05 p.m start time......Got it.

Scrimmage was like an NBA All Star game except even less defense. All I really took from tonight was Tai looks extremely more confident and thus better, and Andrew White is our best all-around basketball player. He is an incredible shooter and has all the athleticism in the world, and he is very smooth, not out of control. We've got some serious weapons on this roster.

Scrimmage was like an NBA All Star game except even less defense. All I really took from tonight was Tai looks extremely more confident and thus better, and Andrew White is our best all-around basketball player. He is an incredible shooter and has all the athleticism in the world, and he is very smooth, not out of control. We've got some serious weapons on this roster.

That good?

So to put it in a comparison I understand...

White to Petteway

= Chef Boyardee to home made spagz

or

= Home made to fine Italian restaurant?

3 point shooting contest and women's scrimmage:

Walter lost to a girl in the 3 point shooting contest: Emiiy cady. laudermill is fast, benny parker fast. the women's team also has their own version of andre almeida.

men's scrimmage:

Little defense was played maybe because of last year's incident with shields getting injured. off-night for terran, webster looked pretty good with his jump shots. The team overall threw some bad alley oops. Rivers hit a 3 pointer and was hitting some during warm-ups, he may be a sleeper this year offensively. Walt looked good, but i didn't see any of his post moves. andrew white was the best player on the court, he hit a lot of threes and played some good defense whenever someone tried to drive to the rim,

moses is going to be a liability on offense, so lets hope leslee smith gets back fast. didn't see enough of hammond other than a missed hook shot, a dunk, and a failed alley oop. tarin smith was as athletic as advertised: he may have had the dunk of the night if his one handed windmill went in. andrew white was the most impressive, he just hit a bunch of threes and looked pretty athletic. He had a couple of nice dunks.

I thought Moses looked a little stiff.

Smith had trouble getting anything to drop but didn't seem shy about shooting...looked smooth in general.

I think Hammond will be a project but doesn't appear intimidated.

The Andrew White Era is going to be fun.

We'll have to see how Fuller looks next week.

Pitch was on a roll during the first round of the 3 point contest...made 11-12 in a row.

Here is a partial summary from huskers.com...they say pictures still to follow:

"In the 3-point contest, Walter Pitchford advanced to the finals with 16 points, hitting 10 consecutive 3-pointers to close the contest and best Andrew White III (11 points) and Terran Petteway (nine). Pitchford lost in the finals to Emily Cady, 12-11, as Pitchford missed the final shot at the buzzer to tie.

The Husker men closed the event with a 15-minute scrimmage, with the Red squad posting a 50-35 victory. Newcomer Andrew White III led all scorers with 18 points, including four 3-pointers in his Pinnacle Bank Arena debut, while Pichford and Petteway added 13 and 12 points, respectively. For the White squad, Shavon Shields and Tai Webster tied for team-high honors with 10 points each."

The full article can be found here:

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=100&ATCLID=209739938

We will be okay, we are all a year better.

Thought that Shavon looked thicker in through his hips and legs, in a good way though.

I think that the two hour practice before the "scrimmage" took a big toll on guys legs. Moses was really having trouble running at the end and I was thinking he was thinking the cold tub will be used for a long time tonight.

Tai was not shy about taking the 3 and his stroke looked better, and it went in too.

And White gave me goose bumps. He is that guy who is so smooth he looks like he isn't even trying, but he can shoot.

All in all I would give it a c or b-.

We will know more after next Thursday and then the first two homes games.