2018 PG Kezo Brown -> Chicago St.

TheKamdyMan

Good to be in the mix, but I'm more interested in being in the 'final one' for high-caliber recruits. Guess I'm not patient enough....

We'll see how this goes but this might be a one and done type kid when it's all said and done. It's a major upset right now if we land this kid over a Kentucky or Kansas. We didn't even make it to a twitter graphic with Jahlil Okafor.

One & done, really? Wow,.that changes my opinion....

We'll see if he lives up to that hype but he's one of only two freshmen to make varsity for Simeon in the last decade. The other one was Parker.

http://www.dnainfo.com/chicago/20141210/chatham/simeon-freshman-kezo-brown-joins-jabari-parker-elite-company

Edited by hhcdimes
durrrr

Good to be in the mix, but I'm more interested in being in the 'final one' for high-caliber recruits. Guess I'm not patient enough....

We'll see how this goes but this might be a one and done type kid when it's all said and done. It's a major upset right now if we land this kid over a Kentucky or Kansas. We didn't even make it to a twitter graphic with Jahlil Okafor.

We'll see if he lives up to that hype but he's one of only two freshmen to make varsity for Simeon in the last decade. The other one was Okafor.

http://www.dnainfo.com/chicago/20141210/chatham/simeon-freshman-kezo-brown-joins-jabari-parker-elite-company

correction is was Jabari Parker as Okafor went to Whitney Young.

We'll see if he lives up to that hype but he's one of only two freshmen to make varsity for Simeon in the last decade. The other one was Okafor.

correction is was Jabari Parker as Okafor went to Whitney Young.

Thanks...I had Okafor on my brain when I made this post. 

• 3 weeks later...

2018 is a long way off. Ed Morrow and Glynn Watson will be seniors when this kid is a freshman, and they haven't even started college yet.

So are you saying there's a chance this thread will go over 20 pages then?

Holy crap.  What's the record for a thread?

Even if he committed tomorrow, that's still a damn long time to wait for a kid and we'd blow by 20 pages in a blink in time.  If he doesn't commit until November of 2017, though ...

2018 is a long way off. Ed Morrow and Glynn Watson will be seniors when this kid is a freshman, and they haven't even started college yet.

So are you saying there's a chance this thread will go over 20 pages then?

Holy crap.  What's the record for a thread?

Even if he committed tomorrow, that's still a damn long time to wait for a kid and we'd blow by 20 pages in a blink in time.  If he doesn't commit until November of 2017, though ...

100+

This thread is starting to remind me of the Okafor thread a couple of years ago when he visited our facilities.  Sorry folks, but this sounds like we have a lot of folks engaging in pure fantasy.

Pure fantasy saves a Husker fan.

This thread is starting to remind me of the Okafor thread a couple of years ago when he visited our facilities. Sorry folks, but this sounds like we have a lot of folks engaging in pure fantasy.

Pure fantasy saves a Husker fan.

It certainly does. While Kezo is still a long shot, this scenario differs from the Okafor visit in that we were Kezo's first offer. And if we get him here for a visit it will be because he is actually considering attending school here. We were not Okafor's first offer (not even close) and although he visited here, he was never seriously considering us. We are actually in a position to land players like this now. Not that we will, but we are in a position. Back when Okafor visited, just because his homies were, it was like, oh my god I can't believe we have this type of player stepping foot on campus.

Would likely be the hugest rated recruit in Nebraska basketball history and the highest male athlete since what Ahman Green?

Not quite and we've still got a couple years to go:

Ryan Boldt was the #15 recruit out of high school.

Marlon Lucky was #13.

Baker Steinkuhler was #37

So, if he is a top 10 player, he'd be higher than all of those, no?

Would likely be the hugest rated recruit in Nebraska basketball history and the highest male athlete since what Ahman Green?

Marlon Lucky was #13.

Yes.  And I think it's safe to say if he ends up being a top 10 player we won't land him.  The minute someone like Coach K comes calling he will forget quickly who his first offer was.   

Marlon Lucky was #13.

Sure. But as of right now, the answer to your question is no. We'll see if he jumps up over the next couple of years.

• 1 month later...