2014 B1G Media Day

Row6Seat10

Interesting

Depending on who we start, Tarin might be our best scoring option off the bench. 

Bad luck with Tarin being sick and Hammond having to sit out.  Every practice is crucial for the young guys.  If Benny can draw attention because he is knocking down shots he is a solid option at PG. 

That interview was painful.  He misjudged the room.

This wasn't a speech for the rotary club.

If you want to see a painful interview, jump to the clip of Rutger's coach Eddie Jordan. He basically starts off by apologizing for being the worst team in the conference and the first question he fields is whether he thinks Rutgers fans are aware they're in a new conference.

Interesting

If he were to start I'd really want to see Parker, Petteway, Shields, Rivers, Pitchford.  That gives a strong blend of offense and defense to start with a lot of offensive sparks on the bench with Smith, Webster, and Fuller.

Sounds like TP basically said this is the starting lineup as it is today while at Media day.

I don't know that you could judge the reaction of the press based on the audio/video in that clip.  The first joke might have fallen a bit flat and he could probably have delivered it in a way that would have made it more evident that he was just kidding, but I don't think it was at all painful to watch. 

I thought Miles absolutely killed it. He is amazing with the press and very funny. 

There's nothing a journalist likes more than a guy who makes their jobs easier. Miles always gives them an angle of some kind in addition to his humor. They love him. The more I see,  I wonder if Miles goes into every press appearance with a game plan.

Interesting observation.

I'm not sure if what you saw is what I saw, but it seems to me like TM got off to an awkward start.  It's almost like he feels obligated to entertain everyone.  That is the first time I saw a him pressing a little bit.  Believe me, I've been all aboard the Tim Miles fan club, but I can't help but wonder how he is going to come across to fans when an 8 game losing streak comes around when it's not expected.  If you coach in a tough conference like the Big Ten long enough, it happens to every coach.

Interesting observation.

I'm not sure if what you saw is what I saw, but it seems to me like TM got off to an awkward start.  It's almost like he feels obligated to entertain everyone.  That is the first time I saw a him pressing a little bit.  Believe me, I've been all aboard the Tim Miles fan club, but I can't help but wonder how he is going to come across to fans when an 8 game losing streak comes around when it's not expected.  If you coach in a tough conference like the Big Ten long enough, it happens to every coach.

He will handle it like Izzo, Coach K and Self do...

They will never let it happen.

Big Red Report "Miles steals the show at B1G Media Day"

Is it really that big of a surprise that Nebraska head coach Tim Miles was the talk of Big Ten Basketball Media Day?

Making his third appearance in Chicago, the head coach saw his team picked fourth by the Big Ten media in the preseason standings. Miles was quick to point out they have been wrong before.

"You guys haven't got it right yet. You know, an old coaching friend told me one time, never trust the media unless it helps you with recruiting, so I kind of stick by that," said Miles, who saw his team make an NCAA tournament appearance last year despite being selected last in the league.

"Expectations are what they are, but nobody should have higher expectations for us than ourselves. The one thing I'll tell you about this group is I think they remember blowing an 18 point lead to Ohio State in the Big Ten Tournament. They lost their mojo, did not practice the next week going into the NCAA Tournament, did not play well against Baylor, at least for the portion that I was there, and then -- don't ask me about that. I'll get fined."