Miles/Nebrasketball Presser - 10-02-2014

hhcmatt

Thanks for putting all this together - lots of good info.

The best thing you can hear with a team that is coming off a season of great success with the majority of players returning is that they are even hungrier and want to accomplish more. You don't want them to be coasting in the off-season, relying on past success to carry them through (cough, 2014 Fla St football, cough).

Regarding Hammond I'm sure they'll pick  & choose their spots where he can have success early in the season, keep his confidence high. I like his talent level.

And Smith sounds like quite a recruiting coup - everyone sounds really high on him - Miles & staff's ability to spot talent that others overlook is pretty impressive ... and they're also now showing the ability to go out & get Top 100 kids as well. Great news for the future.

Focusing on now though, when I see things like NU picked in the top 4 of the B1G, or NU picked preseason Top 25, and hear this brimming confidence and optimism out of players, I have to shake my head. It almost seems surreal.

But I'm with Miles - you can never win too much or too soon in a coaching career.  :D  It's a good problem to have.

Petteway confirmed he should be graduating in May, BTW

Does that mean he would be eligible to be a graduate transfer?  Not that I think he would do that, but I imagine a lot of big-time programs would be interested.  

He is absolutely thinking about transferring to...

the NBA.

Petteway confirmed he should be graduating in May, BTW

Does that mean he would be eligible to be a graduate transfer?  Not that I think he would do that, but I imagine a lot of big-time programs would be interested.  

I believe so. Obviously this seems unlikely.