2016 PF/C Jordy Tshimanga - Signed

trickey

That's a pretty fearsome physical profile. I would imagine he plays as much as his conditioning reasonably allows next season. 20-25 mpg?

Not worried about his conditioning as much as his ability to adapt to the college game. I'd expect more in the 12-15 range to start and hope he grows into a bigger role as the season progresses.

That's a pretty fearsome physical profile. I would imagine he plays as much as his conditioning reasonably allows next season. 20-25 mpg?

I would say that's pushing it by quite a bit...probably 15 MPG tops.  Like most freshman post players Jordy is still very raw.  He will help in that he has great size, but my guess is it will take some time to develop his offensive game and defensive abilities within our system.  Unless you are a one and done type player...you just don't see true freshman centers putting up great stats right away.  But, I think he can impact the game in other ways. 

If we do not get a minimum of 20 minutes of game out of Jordy, I will be disappointed. 

He's a freshman post player...you're going to be disappointed.

I'd say about a 1% chance he averages 20+ minutes per game

7a2bbbc98b.png

You don't have to be disappointed, it doesn't mean I can't be.  Would you have imagined Michael Jacobson averaging the minutes he did last year?  Or perhaps, the minutes Tai averaged his freshman year? 

This young man is coming into the program with a mental and physical maturity.  He plays a position where we lack depth.  He comes into a program in need of someone to protect the paint/rim.  Yes, I have high expectations.  If he plays 10 to 12 minutes a half and Michael splits his time between the post and power forward positions, it will likely meet my expectations. 

If we do not get a minimum of 20 minutes of game out of Jordy, I will be disappointed. 

He's a freshman post player...you're going to be disappointed.

I'd say about a 1% chance he averages 20+ minutes per game

7a2bbbc98b.png

...and by the way, I am a diehard Husker basketball fan who has only missed one home game since 1984 (stupid business trip).  I have been through thick and mostly thin.  My expectations have always been lofty, so to say I may be disappointed by the number of minutes this young man gets kind of made me laugh.  I know, I know, I used the word disappointed as well, but still  :lol:

BTW, Michael Jacobson averaged 21.5 minutes per game in Big Ten play, which was the 6th highest average on the team.

And, FWIW, Glynn Watson averaged 25.7 mpg in the B1G, which was the 4th highest for Nebrasketball.

Watson isn't a post player and close to 20 and minimum of 20 aren't technically the same thing.  :)

As a reference Diamond Stone averaged 22.6 minutes last season.

Averaging 15-20 over the course of the season seems feasible and actually would be a great season.

Averaging 20+ as a freshman post player who still has a raw game?  It would be extraordinary even though we have no other centers.