2016 PF/C Jordy Tshimanga - Signed

trickey

I'm hoping we use our last scholarship on a senior (graduate transfer) center that would give Jordy one year to adjust to the Big 10.  The senior transfer doesn't have to be great -- but he does have to be adequate (adequate defensive player, adequate rebounder, and make defenses respect him on offense -- think Leslie Smith).

If Andrew White returns and we get an adequate senior center transfer, our immediate future looks very bright.  This next year, we could realistically think about the top half of the Big 10 and a NCAA tournament bid.  And with Jordy committing, our extended future looks extremely bright.  Roby, Horne, and Tshimanga (small forward, power forward, and center -- all top 150 players -- what a front line) along with last year's four freshman.  We are putting all the pieces together.  We are starting to have a QUANITY of QUALITY players.  Who would have believed it?  GBR!!!

I love this kool aid.  I should have started putting Canadian whiskey in it a long time ago.  Learn something new everyday.

Late to the party, but I'm so pumped to have a real center on the roster. My expectations are low for year 1 just because it's a huge transition for a big man, but I really like his future. I'd be happy with 10-15 minutes a game while playing solid post D and rebounding. And of course sprinkling in a few new post moves and soft hands.

Seems like Miles has excelled in landing freshman talent to get a foothold on the future while using transfer talent to plug holes/succeed now. The plan is there anyway. His downfall, of course, was having his early recruits leave/flop out and swinging and missing on his first few bigs. Looks like he's stayed the course with his plan and hopefully it pays off. Keep this core talent together and we may have something here.