2016 PF/C Jordy Tshimanga - Signed

trickey

Not to put a damper on the party or anything, oops too late, but what are the odds transcripts clear and enrollment goes okay? Heard he may have a couple classes to take care of during summer so this isn't looking like a typical incoming freshman who could enroll right away and get here for off season conditioning. Looking like an August enrollee, if everything goes okay, which would obviously put a damper on the 'starting from day 1/B1G ready expectations'.

BUT WHAT A GREAT DAY!!!!

Not to put a damper on the party or anything, oops too late, but what are the odds transcripts clear and enrollment goes okay? Heard he may have a couple classes to take care of during summer so this isn't looking like a typical incoming freshman who could enroll right away and get here for off season conditioning. Looking like an August enrollee, if everything goes okay, which would obviously put a damper on the 'starting from day 1/B1G ready expectations'.

BUT WHAT A GREAT DAY!!!!

Hearing exactly the same thing, probably from the same board you heard it from.

Also..... (from 247 sports) looks like he is the 4th rated Center coming to the B10 thus far from the '16 class.... two going Big Blue, other Ohio St. 

Please just be able to defend without fouling!!!!!!  I feel that is number 1.  Rebounding 2nd....... 3rd can be distant from those two.   

Now that he is officially committed, what are some realistic expectations for him next year?

I'm thinking 15-18 minutes a game, 6 pts, 5 reb, and (with that wing span) over 1 block per game.

Sounds about right to me.  I would be surprised if he comes in and starts for us.  I expect Jacobson to be our starting center.  But I would expect to see Jordy getting 15+MPG from day 1.  I'd be concerned if he wasn't.

Now that he is officially committed, what are some realistic expectations for him next year?

I'm thinking 15-18 minutes a game, 6 pts, 5 reb, and (with that wing span) over 1 block per game.

Sounds about right to me.  I would be surprised if he comes in and starts for us.  I expect Jacobson to be our starting center.  But I would expect to see Jordy getting 15+MPG from day 1.  I'd be concerned if he wasn't.

Miles has proven time and time again that you have to earn your minutes.

They are going to make sure Jordy has the cardio to play and can play smart. 

I hope he picks it up quickly so Jacobson can play some 4.