2016 PF/C Jordy Tshimanga - Signed

trickey

I believe ;)

I know it is just high lights but after I watched that I would have to say that TP just looked more NBA ready than AWIII did or does.

His body, the way he jumped, his swagger... maybe I am just seeing things through "don't go" colored glasses.

Agreed. TP definitely had the more NBA-ready look to him.

Agree and I didn't think TP was ready.

Terran Petteway made a great decision to move on. He has performed very well as a pro.

Andrew White appears to be in the same position.

Petteway should have stayed... there's no way he would have left if he had known he would go undrafted.

unless a team is promising to draft white in the 2nd round, he should stay too.

They're very different players but its kinda funny, what will make them successful in the NBA is the same... their ability to play defense and hit 3's at a good percentage. Andrew is undoubtedly the better shooter but probably behind TP in defense. If he were as good a shooter as Andrew would he have gone in the first round? Stuff to think about.

Anyway, I feel like long-term Andrew is set up for more chances at the league just because of his size + shooting combo. tbh I have zero idea of his chances for getting onto a summer league team

Here is the Terran Petteway page on the Mad Ants official site.  He has multiple games last season in the teens for scoring.  He has a couple games in the twenties for scoring.  And he nets a 36 point night.

Watch the video for the 36 point night -- impressive!

He shoulda' stayed at Nebraska, despite holding his Bachelors degree, etc.?  Yeah.  That would have been nice for Nebraska.  But his move to the professional ranks is a success thus far for him -- and it promises greater success as he matures further.

Here's guessing he has no regrets -- none whatsoever . . . and it's not even close.

Ya.. that guy.. i was joking when i stated we should just offer him.

And back to your point on Link. So, if it is true that offering Link has no bearing on Jordy, then maybe you hold off. But the dude still has size and at this point we have an open scholarship possibly two depending on AW.

Does it hurt to fill it with a guy who could have potential?

I understand that mentality has failed multiple times so far: Moses, Hammond and Sergj, but sometimes it can work if a guy isnt thrusted into a key role before he is ready.

As of now his only other offer is Montana State. I'd personally rather go another year not using the scholarship than take on 2 years of Link.
So why do you think us offering would have no bearing on Jordy's decision?

Probably cuz its been a non starter from the get go, Jordy has known that since his brother Link's visit a year ago when we didnt offer little has changed, we are not interested in Link, that the offer is for Jordy, so if he's waiting on that, i think he's know for well over a year now that wont be happening, and was probably told the same on his visit. In listening to Washut this afternoon he stated flat out, there is no offer for Link to come to NU, so i dont see that happening.
Thanks for the bit from Washut. I didn't hear what he had said.

So yeah Washut said that about Link not having an offer which is true but in one of Robins previous reports he mentioned that his source said "that could change". So while it's not likely and maybe Link being offered doesn't have any bearing on Jordy's decision, nothing is impossible.

Ya.. that guy.. i was joking when i stated we should just offer him.

And back to your point on Link. So, if it is true that offering Link has no bearing on Jordy, then maybe you hold off. But the dude still has size and at this point we have an open scholarship possibly two depending on AW.

Does it hurt to fill it with a guy who could have potential?

I understand that mentality has failed multiple times so far: Moses, Hammond and Sergj, but sometimes it can work if a guy isnt thrusted into a key role before he is ready.

As of now his only other offer is Montana State. I'd personally rather go another year not using the scholarship than take on 2 years of Link.
So why do you think us offering would have no bearing on Jordy's decision?
Probably cuz its been a non starter from the get go, Jordy has known that since his brother Link's visit a year ago when we didnt offer little has changed, we are not interested in Link, that the offer is for Jordy, so if he's waiting on that, i think he's know for well over a year now that wont be happening, and was probably told the same on his visit. In listening to Washut this afternoon he stated flat out, there is no offer for Link to come to NU, so i dont see that happening.
Thanks for the bit from Washut. I didn't hear what he had said.

So yeah Washut said that about Link not having an offer which is true but in one of Robins previous reports he mentioned that his source said "that could change". So while it's not likely and maybe Link being offered doesn't have any bearing on Jordy's decision, nothing is impossible.

just like Adidas says!

I'm so confused.  Is this the Jordy thread?  Or an AWIII thread?  Or a TP thread?

How about the Oklahoma State 2016 recruiting thread.

They might have just landed a 7'0" center for the class of 2016

http://www.pistolsfiringblog.com/brad-underwood-lands-7-foot-international-center-lucas-nguessan/

That puts them at potentially 14 scholarships if he classifies for the class of 2016 and before more attrition from their roster.

It also puts them with a freshman post player.

I'm so confused. Is this the Jordy thread? Or an AWIII thread? Or a TP thread?

http://www.pistolsfiringblog.com/brad-underwood-lands-7-foot-international-center-lucas-nguessan/

That puts them at potentially 14 scholarships if he classifies for the class of 2016 and before more attrition from their roster.

Sounds like it's time for Jordy to cancel his visit for this weekend and go ahead and announce that he is N. Today.

Sounds like it's time for Jordy to cancel his visit for this weekend and go ahead and announce that he is N. Today.

Jordy and Link are visiting a place with 14 scholarship players that just signed a post player. They're obviously dropping 1 guy off the roster. Are they really losing 2-3 guys? You do have to wonder if Jordy still goes down there or whether his brother pulls him out, looks for somewhere else, and changes the commitment date just because he/they can.

Jordy and Link are visiting a place with 14 scholarship players that just signed a post player. They're obviously dropping 1 guy off the roster. Are they really losing 2-3 guys? You do have to wonder if Jordy still goes down there or whether his brother pulls him out, looks for somewhere else, and changes the commitment date just because he/they can.

Hopefully not but he could. I assumed the May 16 date was because he wanted to sign by the May 18 spring signing deadline even though he doesn't have to adhere to that. Maybe this OSU signing is the crap or get off the pot moment for Jordy.