N

How like this!!  Question?

How

much

Longer

till

we

reach

40m Pages?  Hey, I'm trying to do my part!!!   I know this is not kosher but,hey, I had all my top teeth pulled, fit with an immediate denture, which I am not certain is exactly right, and it hurts like hell and they gave me Percocet (which I have never taken before) as a pain killer so..... please cut me some slack  (0r not)!!!! --- Jim

In my opinion, there isn't much comparison between Hammond and Tshimanga. And in terms of body-type, even though Hammond has spent years in a college weight program, I would say that Tshimanga already has a more college-ready frame and will already be able to hold his own down low vs Big Ten competition better than Hammond can/did/could.

ESPN ranks Tshimanga as the #25 Center in the 2016 class.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/199879/jordy-tshimanga

Scout recently upgraded Tshimanga to 4-Star and ranks him the #20 Center in the class.

http://www.scout.com/player/192771-jordy-tshimanga?s=75

247 ranks him the #163 overall player in the 2016 class and the #22 Center in the class.

http://247sports.com/Player/Jordy-Tshimanga-69227

So he is ranked a 4-star by scout and on the verge of being a 4-Star by both ESPN and 247. He is a consensus top-25 ranked Center and ranked as high as the #20 Center in the 2016 class by Scout.

And he isn't the string-bean Center that Nebraska has typically signed over the last decade that needs to gain 50 lbs before being capable of making any sort of meaningful contribution vs Big Ten opponents (The obvious exception being Andre Almeida, but his weight was an issue to the other extreme). He is listed anywhere from 6'10" - 6'11" and 250+ lbs. I would say that he is about as ready made a Center as Nebraska can legitimately expect to land...at least for now, until sustaining some legitimate success (including NCAA Tourney success) and until they can have some success stories (maybe Tshimanga in a couple of years) to point to as examples of developing post players. (The obvious exception would be if there happens to be an instate 4-star Center that comes along in the next 1-2 years...)

So on his twitter the last few tweets and interactions he has had have been all UNLV.. And I know that you could say "oh well hes announcing on monday so I doubt that social media has anything to do with his final decision" but he might like to be reminded how much Husker Nation loves and wants him if yall want to tweet at him and show him some love. 

based on what i heard today, i like our chances.

Mee two
Carry on...

Don't you guys think that he really needed this UNLV visit so he had 3 teams 'involved' to keep the suspense for his school assembly announcement? Wouldn't have been much of an assembly if only 2 schools were 'in the running'. NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

based on what i heard today, i like our chances.

Mee two
Carry on...
Don't you guys think that he really needed this UNLV visit so he had 3 teams 'involved' to keep the suspense for his school assembly announcement? Wouldn't have been much of an assembly if only 2 schools were 'in the running'. NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
Makes total sense, but we will see. Monday will come soon

My humble prediction...

N

How like this!!  Question?

How

much

Longer

till

we

reach

40m Pages?  Hey, I'm trying to do my part!!!   I know this is not kosher but,hey, I had all my top teeth pulled, fit with an immediate denture, which I am not certain is exactly right, and it hurts like hell and they gave me Percocet (which I have never taken before) as a pain killer so..... please cut me some slack  (0r not)!!!! --- Jim

Boy! I thought ConkTrifecta3 was working hard to get his post count up until I saw this string.