2016 PF/C Jordy Tshimanga - Signed

trickey

Jordy, I sure hope you choose Nebraska.  Here’s why.  Nebraska has struggled with recruiting quality big men.  They have quality guards and forwards, and only need a quality center to take the big leap forward.  By choosing Nebraska, I’m confident NU will focus and work hard to quickly help you reach your potential.  Nebraska has all the staff and resources and the motivation to help you.  In possibly a year, I predict you and your team will be amazing. 

In 4 or 5 years, when Nebraska recruits future centers they will point out how you excelled and became Mr Go To!  Because of you, other quality centers will choose NU.

Nebraska today isn’t the old Nebraska that played basketball 5 or 10 years ago.  Nebraska fans today fill up the Pinnacle Arena all the time and the attitude is great.  Our guards, forwards and recruits are gamers!  The next couple of years should be pretty fun in Lincoln.

In addition to basketball, you’ll make great long-time and trusting friends.  You’ll learn lots that will help you with your career and life.  I sure hope you choose Nebraska because I believe it can be an awesome place for you!

This message has been brought to you by “Nebraskans for Jordy”.

Jordy, I sure hope you choose Nebraska.  Here’s why.  Nebraska has struggled with recruiting quality big men.  They have quality guards and forwards, and only need a quality center to take the big leap forward.  By choosing Nebraska, I’m confident NU will focus and work hard to quickly help you reach your potential.  Nebraska has all the staff and resources and the motivation to help you.  In possibly a year, I predict you and your team will be amazing. 

In 4 or 5 years, when Nebraska recruits future centers they will point out how you excelled and became Mr Go To!  Because of you, other quality centers will choose NU.

Nebraska today isn’t the old Nebraska that played basketball 5 or 10 years ago.  Nebraska fans today fill up the Pinnacle Arena all the time and the attitude is great.  Our guards, forwards and recruits are gamers!  The next couple of years should be pretty fun in Lincoln.

In addition to basketball, you’ll make great long-time and trusting friends.  You’ll learn lots that will help you with your career and life.  I sure hope you choose Nebraska because I believe it can be an awesome place for you!

This message has been brought to you by “Nebraskans for Jordy”.

Nice!

Here's an attempt to get this to 40:

I looked up Jordy on 247 to see if there had been any changes on the crystal ball (50/50 with BC) and noted that he's ranked 163 nationally. Hammond was 190 on 247 when we signed him. So comparable players on paper at this point in their careers. 

http://nebraska.247sports.com/Season/2014-Basketball/Commits

But in terms of anticipation, Jordy seems like a must-have, while I never felt that way with Jake. He just seemed like a good, solid pickup.

Edit: Hey, this put it into 39!

I looked up Jordy on 247 to see if there had been any changes on the crystal ball (50/50 with BC) and noted that he's ranked 163 nationally. Hammond was 190 on 247 when we signed him. So comparable players on paper at this point in their careers.

But in terms of anticipation, Jordy seems like a must-have, while I never felt that way with Jake. He just seemed like a good, solid pickup.

I agree to a point. Lots of pressure on Jordy and expectations.

He has a bit more size than Hammond.

This reminds me a bit of when Tai came here. Took tai a few seasons to figure it out.

IMO on paper they are only similar in that they are close in where they were ranked. But, Jordy has other high major offers and some very good offers. I'm pretty sure it wasn't all Hammonds decision to decommit from OU. And more importantly, Jordy has the size to come in and play right away. Two years later Hammond was still tiny and it didn't look likely he was ever going to have the body type we needed down low.

As noted somewhere above in this string, Jordy Tshimanga is rated a four-star by Scout, with a "Position Rank of 20, an "East C Rank" of 04, and a "MA C Rank" of 01.

While Jake Hammond may have had some decent ranking numbers at one time, Jake never came close to these Scout rankings for Jordy.

And Jake's ranking trend-line bent downward, as his high school days came to a close.

Jordy's trend line, on the other hand, is upward -- especially considering his short time in the game and his conditioning successes.