2016 PF/C Jordy Tshimanga - Signed

trickey

If we indeed land Jordy, talk about length we will have. 6-11 with a 7-3 wingspan anchoring the paint and then let Ed and Michael play the 4, and Roby,White and Horne at the 3, Glynn, Gill and Tai rotating the guard/point positions. That is a very very good looking lineup. Teams will have difficulty against that length against our defense.

I see Horne being more of a 4. Jacobson can back the post and play the 4 (either big.) But I see Horne as more of a big than a wing.

By then, McVeigh might be quick enough to play wing as well as stretch 4.

So, the bigs would be Jordy and Jacobson, Morrow and Horne, with McVeigh as added depth. The wings would be White, Roby, McVeigh, Webster and Gill. And the point would be Watson with Gill and Webster as depth.

Horne can get very hot from deep range.  Case in point:  he was 4-6 on 3FGs in his match-up with Michael Porter Jr.  You don't want to waste talent like that by permanently placing him on the low block.  I think he will predominantly play 3, but as always it depends on how the opponent is matching-up with us.

Needing a brother to handle your recruitment? Huge red flag. Good luck in Vegas. On to the next one

Take this FWIW but Miles has closed the deal on this one. 7am Monday morning Jordy will announce his commitment to the University of Nebraska. It's possible that he flips to UNLV but Jordy is a smart kid and his brother is handling his process the right way. They are being diligent to find the right destination and just because it's taking too long for us doesn't mean Jordy is looking for the highest bid or an attention seeker. I'm still going to sweat it out until it becomes official Monday morning but the UNLV visit is nothing more than a free trip and a favor to the new assistant there who has ties to Jordy from Massachusetts.

Needing a brother to handle your recruitment? Huge red flag. Good luck in Vegas. On to the next one

Take this FWIW but Miles has closed the deal on this one. 7am Monday morning Jordy will announce his commitment to the University of Nebraska. It's possible that he flips to UNLV but Jordy is a smart kid and his brother is handling his process the right way. They are being diligent to find the right destination and just because it's taking too long for us doesn't mean Jordy is looking for the highest bid or an attention seeker. I'm still going to sweat it out until it becomes official Monday morning but the UNLV visit is nothing more than a free trip and a favor to the new assistant there who has ties to Jordy from Massachusetts.

Do you have an anonymous source or is that your gut feeling?

a favor to the new assistant there who has ties to Jordy from Massachusetts.

This is former Providence assistant and current UNLV assistant Andre LaFleur watching Jordy (among others) last year.

I believe UNLV is down to five scholarships now 

It might be a favor but it's not like Jordy wasn't lined up to go visit Okie St two days ago before rapidly shifting to UNLV after the Cowboys landed their big man.  I think ajb5856 has a pretty good handle on the current status and if it were solely up to Jordy he might already be committed here. We've seen UNLV swallow up Cornish and we've also seen other SEC teams swallow up our previous big men commits....we'll potentially find out publicly on Monday.

We've seen UNLV swallow up Cornish and we've also seen other SEC teams swallow up our previous big men commits....we'll potentially find out publicly on Monday.

Losing Cornish to UNLV wasn't fun, but for anyone who was around in 1983, they might remember a much more painful recruiting loss when Iba lost Freddie Banks to the Rebels.  Here's hoping history doesn't repeat itself.

http://lasvegassun.com/news/2009/mar/09/freddie-banks-mens-basketball-1983-87/

Read in the OWH that Link WILL NOT be apart of Jordys visit to UNLV this weekend. Hopefully that makes some of you feel better.

Lee Barfknecht must have updated his story recently; yesterday the OWH article stated that Link would accompany Jordy on their recruiting visit to UNLV.

I have triple checked myself bc I was sure he was going with but it now says sources with UNLV ties say Link won't be apart of the visit.

a favor to the new assistant there who has ties to Jordy from Massachusetts.

https://twitter.com/CoxHub/status/563458836796022785

https://twitter.com/BillKoch25/status/563468153116585984

This is former Providence assistant and current UNLV assistant Andre LaFleur watching Jordy (among others) last year.

I believe UNLV is down to five scholarships now

It might be a favor but it's not like Jordy wasn't lined up to go visit Okie St two days ago before rapidly shifting to UNLV after the Cowboys landed their big man. I think ajb5856 has a pretty good handle on the current status and if it were solely up to Jordy he might already be committed here. We've seen UNLV swallow up Cornish and we've also seen other SEC teams swallow up our previous big men commits....we'll potentially find out publicly on Monday.

We also knew that Jordy might visit UNLV before the Okie State visit popped up seemingly out of nowhere. Jordy and the status of his visits has been a fluid situation the entire time. It's not like he came out and said I'm visiting school A, B, and then C from the beginning and followed through. These visits (from our perspective) have been set up as things have progressed and kind of on the fly.

Do you have an anonymous source or is that your gut feeling?

I was fed a steak dinner, got a stomach ache, and then my gut started rumbling. Those are the rumblings of my gut as a result of what I ate. Flushed everything down with some red kool-aid and that's what came out.

We also knew that Jordy might visit UNLV before the Okie State visit popped up seemingly out of nowhere.

UNLV itself isn't the surprise as much as the path to get there. Sure there is a connection to a guy from the east who's scouted him before but they wouldn't be giving this guy a favor if Okie St hadn't pulled a dude from Europe. While I get things develop we're talking about a lot of zigging and zagging to ensure that Jordy has 3 caps to choose from during his selection video.

We also knew that Jordy might visit UNLV before the Okie State visit popped up seemingly out of nowhere.

UNLV itself isn't the surprise as much as the path to get there. Sure there is a connection to a guy from the east who's scouted him before but they wouldn't be giving this guy a favor if Okie St hadn't pulled a dude from Europe. While I get things develop we're talking about a lot of zigging and zagging to ensure that Jordy has 3 caps to choose from during his selection video.

Exactly. That's the way I see it. If not just a free trip/favor it keeps the suspense up for when he finally does decide. I'm fine with that. This is his recruiting process and so he can do that if he wants but to us fans it does seem like zigging and zagging. Makes it hard to differentiate a genuine kid from an attention seeking kid who gets all the labels of one having a handler looking for a payday.

Read in the OWH that Link WILL NOT be apart of Jordys visit to UNLV this weekend. Hopefully that makes some of you feel better.

Lee Barfknecht must have updated his story recently; yesterday the OWH article stated that Link would accompany Jordy on their recruiting visit to UNLV.

I have triple checked myself bc I was sure he was going with but it now says sources with UNLV ties say Link won't be apart of the visit.

The story changed: Lee updated the story at 1:30 am today.

Hmmm isn't that Tweet after this story? Link visiting both UIC and UNLV in the same weekend?

Via the Link link so no he is not visiting UNLV

According to sources with UNLV ties, Tshimanga’s brother _7-1 Link Kabadyundi _ won’t be part of the Rebels visit.