2016 PF/C Jordy Tshimanga - Signed

trickey

should we really be worried about unlv? they weren't even in his top 3 schools 5 hours ago. now they're the school to beat?

That was my thought...

Just because he's taking a visit there this weekend doesn't automatically make them the school to beat now.

I'm not so sold he's in the bag. UNLV will be a disaster... They will take both. I don't think we should. We swung at a bunch of big men this class. My favorite was NW recruit Barrett Benson. Fingers crossed.

we absolutely should take both if necessary. there are no other 4 star or top 150 recruits that we have a shot at for the upcoming season.

totally disagree that we should take both.  The other one is horrible so not sure it's worth tying up 2 scholarships to get one player.  And we haven't offered both players and Miles won't offer both (nor should he).

Just remember, we need to be nice with the things we say about Jordy after he commits to UNLV on Monday.

With the track record that they have, I'd say there's a decent chance he'll be on the transfer market in a year and we can swoop back in and grab him then!!

Keep it civil, fellas!

Touché

I'm not so sold he's in the bag. UNLV will be a disaster... They will take both. I don't think we should. We swung at a bunch of big men this class. My favorite was NW recruit Barrett Benson. Fingers crossed.

Are you aware that Jordy is a 4-star on Scout and Barret isn't?

Are you aware that ESPN rates both of them as 3-stars with a grade of 79?

Both Scout and 247 sports list Benson at 6'9" and Jordy at 6'11".  Rivals lists Benson at 6'9" and Jordy 6'10". The other sites that I can find list them both at 6'10".

should we really be worried about unlv? they weren't even in his top 3 schools 5 hours ago. now they're the school to beat?

That was my thought...

Just because he's taking a visit there this weekend doesn't automatically make them the school to beat now.

My bad. I thought the post I was quoting was being more sarcastic. I don't think we should be that worried about UNLV.

Jordy not visiting OSU makes me feel a lot better. If he's N, I'm not sure why he still feels the need to visit UNLV but if what the Tshimanga brothers say is true in regards to PT and academic support its obvious we are the best school.

One possible reason might be the Palomino Club. Or Crazy Horse.  Just, y'know, from what I've heard.

This is among the most bizarre recruiting episodes I can remember. I'm sure somebody can come up with another, but I just don't get this whole thing. 

it's honestly not that bad. it's just that we badly need a big guy and this might be our only chance for a while.

i don't think you can knock a kid for wanting to take more than 2 official visits.

If we indeed land Jordy, talk about length we will have. 6-11 with a 7-3 wingspan anchoring the paint and then let Ed and Michael play the 4, and Roby,White and Horne at the 3, Glynn, Gill and Tai rotating the guard/point positions. That is a very very good looking lineup. Teams will have difficulty against that length against our defense.

If we indeed land Jordy, talk about length we will have. 6-11 with a 7-3 wingspan anchoring the paint and then let Ed and Michael play the 4, and Roby,White and Horne at the 3, Glynn, Gill and Tai rotating the guard/point positions. That is a very very good looking lineup. Teams will have difficulty against that length against our defense.

I see Horne being more of a 4. Jacobson can back the post and play the 4 (either big.) But I see Horne as more of a big than a wing.

By then, McVeigh might be quick enough to play wing as well as stretch 4.

So, the bigs would be Jordy and Jacobson, Morrow and Horne, with McVeigh as added depth. The wings would be White, Roby, McVeigh, Webster and Gill. And the point would be Watson with Gill and Webster as depth.