2016 PF/C Jordy Tshimanga - Signed

trickey

Just came over to post that.

Not sure when OK ST got in to the picture, and the Gophers dont even have an open spot... but who knows anymore.

His brother Link is also taking an official to Okie St with him??

Yes Link is going along to Okie State. Now whether they have offered, will offer, or have room is the question.

Here is where we have to offer Link. Minnesota and OK Lite dont even have room for Jordy let alone Link.

Unless we have some hidden gem waiting to commit, just give Link a scholly and lets go!!!

Anyone here know anything about Okie lites basketball facilities?

Trust me when I say offering Link will have no bearing on whether we get Jordy. If you want to know where the hang up is, look no further than his brother the coordinator.

Is his brother 7'0? Offer him too.

Offer his whole dang family...

Is his brother like the kid from blindside?

Here is where we have to offer Link. Minnesota and OK Lite dont even have room for Jordy let alone Link.

Unless we have some hidden gem waiting to commit, just give Link a scholly and lets go!!!

Trust me when I say offering Link will have no bearing on whether we get Jordy. If you want to know where the hang up is, look no further than his brother the coordinator.

We didnt offer Link out of HS for a reason.  Theres a reason TCU let him go.  He then suffered a season ending injury.  Offering Link will still not be enough for Jordy to sign at this point.

Richie Pitino has some other problems as well.  Seems he overspent his budget on private jet travel by a couple hundred thou.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaabk/minnesota-coach-richard-pitino-overspent-budget-on-private-jet-travel/ar-BBsV3lT?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=DELLDHP

That's old news.

Yesterday, see page 31. ;)

Today's news

http://www.startribune.com/syracuse-ad-mark-coyle-is-lone-gophers-finalist/378997881/

It would appear that Syracuse's AD is bolting from there after a year for Minnesota.

We didnt offer Link out of HS for a reason.  Theres a reason TCU let him go.  He then suffered a season ending injury.  Offering Link will still not be enough for Jordy to sign at this point.

by his brother i didnt mean Link... isnt there the other one who was tweeting things out about MN and NE being good options?

Richie Pitino has some other problems as well.  Seems he overspent his budget on private jet travel by a couple hundred thou.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaabk/minnesota-coach-richard-pitino-overspent-budget-on-private-jet-travel/ar-BBsV3lT?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=DELLDHP

That's old news.

Yesterday, see page 31. ;)

Today's news

http://www.startribune.com/syracuse-ad-mark-coyle-is-lone-gophers-finalist/378997881/

It would appear that Syracuse's AD is bolting from there after a year for Minnesota.

Yeah that's covered too; I was just having fun at Normy's expense.

We didnt offer Link out of HS for a reason. Theres a reason TCU let him go. He then suffered a season ending injury. Offering Link will still not be enough for Jordy to sign at this point.

by his brother i didnt mean Link... isnt there the other one who was tweeting things out about MN and NE being good options?

Another brother named Yannick is the one handling the recruitment process for Jordy.

We didnt offer Link out of HS for a reason. Theres a reason TCU let him go. He then suffered a season ending injury. Offering Link will still not be enough for Jordy to sign at this point.

Another brother named Yannick is the one handling the recruitment process for Jordy.

Ya.. that guy.. i was joking when i stated we should just offer him.

And back to your point on Link. So, if it is true that offering Link has no bearing on Jordy, then maybe you hold off. But the dude still has size and at this point we have an open scholarship possibly two depending on AW.

Does it hurt to fill it with a guy who could have potential?

I understand that mentality has failed multiple times so far: Moses, Hammond and Sergj, but sometimes it can work if a guy isnt thrusted into a key role before he is ready.

And back to your point on Link. So, if it is true that offering Link has no bearing on Jordy, then maybe you hold off. But the dude still has size and at this point we have an open scholarship possibly two depending on AW.

I understand that mentality has failed multiple times so far: Moses, Hammond and Sergj, but sometimes it can work if a guy isnt thrusted into a key role before he is ready.

As of now his only other offer is Montana State.  I'd personally rather go another year not using the scholarship than take on 2 years of Link.

As of now his only other offer is Montana State. I'd personally rather go another year not using the scholarship than take on 2 years of Link.

So why do you think us offering would have no bearing on Jordy's decision?

As of now his only other offer is Montana State. I'd personally rather go another year not using the scholarship than take on 2 years of Link.

Probably cuz its been a non starter from the get go, Jordy has known that since his brother Link's visit a year ago when we didnt offer little has changed, we are not interested in Link, that the offer is for Jordy, so if he's waiting on that, i think he's know for well over a year now that wont be happening, and was probably told the same on his visit. In listening to Washut this afternoon he stated flat out, there is no offer for Link to come to NU, so i dont see that happening. 

As of now his only other offer is Montana State.  I'd personally rather go another year not using the scholarship than take on 2 years of Link.

IMO, the question of whether or not to offer Link would center around the following:

• Would offering Link sway Jordy to attend UNL?
  • Is Link academically eligible for this Big Ten school?
  • Is Link likely to improve or erode team chemistry?

If the answer is yes to all three, it would be a no-brainer to offer Link.  He might not be in the rotation either year, but it would be handy having a guy with his size and athleticism in practice and in a backup role.

Probably cuz its been a non starter from the get go, Jordy has known that since his brother Link's visit a year ago when we didnt offer little has changed, we are not interested in Link, that the offer is for Jordy, so if he's waiting on that, i think he's know for well over a year now that wont be happening, and was probably told the same on his visit. In listening to Washut this afternoon he stated flat out, there is no offer for Link to come to NU, so i dont see that happening.

Thanks for the bit from Washut. I didn't hear what he had said.