2016 PF/C Jordy Tshimanga - Signed

trickey

You've gotta wonder a little about the Minnesota program. Consider this:

"The arrest is the latest troubling news for Richard Pitino’s Gophers basketball program.

Last August, former player Daquein McNeil pleaded guilty to third-degree assault charges.

McNeil was charged in November 2014 of felony assault and felony domestic assault for allegedly beating and strangling his girlfriend. The domestic-assault-by-strangulation charge was dismissed.

In February, three players were suspended after sex videos appeared on the social media sites of Kevin Dorsey, then a freshman.

The involvement of the other two players — Nate Mason and Dupree McBrayer — is not clear. The team later announced Dorsey would transfer from the program. No charges came out of that incident.

"The arrest is the latest troubling news for Richard Pitino’s Gophers basketball program.

Last August, former player Daquein McNeil pleaded guilty to third-degree assault charges.

McNeil was charged in November 2014 of felony assault and felony domestic assault for allegedly beating and strangling his girlfriend. The domestic-assault-by-strangulation charge was dismissed.

In February, three players were suspended after sex videos appeared on the social media sites of Kevin Dorsey, then a freshman.

The involvement of the other two players — Nate Mason and Dupree McBrayer — is not clear. The team later announced Dorsey would transfer from the program. No charges came out of that incident.

Here is the article I believe you pulled that quote from: http://m.startribune.com/gophers-basketball-player-jailed-on-suspicion-of-sexual-assault/378589166/

And yes, the gophers program is a mess. I think Pitino should have been fired after last year.

Perhaps Little Richard needs to take a page from his father's playbook and find some professionals for his team? Hopefully Jordy (and Link) wants no part of this shit storm.

At this point, don't we all just want Jordy to make a decision? You can't look at him and say we didn't spend years building a relationship and getting him on campus. If he doesn't know where he wants to go yet, I think of the new assistants quote on recruiting and signing the right guy.

Jordy's family is looking for a good environment.  You can call all of these arrests and dismissals under Pitino unlucky but there are certainly some places that make trouble finding you a lot easier than others. How much of what Jordy's family is looking for actually a good environment and how much is lip service? 

At this point, don't we all just want Jordy to make a decision? You can't look at him and say we didn't spend years building a relationship and getting him on campus. If he doesn't know where he wants to go yet, I think of the new assistants quote on recruiting and signing the right guy.

Yes it's about that time. I just wish we had a definite answer as to who he is picking from. Is it safe to say Arizona is out? So Minnesota and Nebraska final 2? Sort of anyway? And now all this news with Minnesoa. And then there's the UNLV and Missouri rumblings from last week that they are getting involved. Also the predictions that he is Boston College bound lurking in the background. Seems like an easy choice. He needs to just do it already.

Jordy's family is looking for a good environment.  You can call all of these arrests and dismissals under Pitino unlucky but there are certainly some places that make trouble finding you a lot easier than others. How much of what Jordy's family is looking for actually a good environment and how much is lip service? 

1) When you say "family", are you talking about parents or brother or both?  I haven't had a look at the premium articles out there, but all I hear of is how his older brother is handling recruiting.

2) by "good environment", I assume you mean academics, program integrity, etc.  Haven't heard much of an emphasis on anything but playing time from JT's side.

I grow more pessimistic about this process by the day.  It almost feels our staff has out-recruited everyone else, yet it feels like we are the fallback plan for JT if all other possibilites fall through for them.

So....... When is the last possible date he can wait??? May 18th????

He doesn't have to commit/sign on May 18th.....hell, I believe he could take all summer if he really wanted to.  He would just need to enroll before the fall.  With that said, I bet we know his decision by the end of the month.  It's probably not good news for us that he has not made a decision, on the other hand...being how quiet recruiting is right now maybe our coaches feel pretty good about their changes with Jordy. 

He doesn't have to commit/sign on May 18th.....hell, I believe he could take all summer if he really wanted to.  He would just need to enroll before the fall.  With that said, I bet we know his decision by the end of the month.  It's probably not good news for us that he has not made a decision, on the other hand...being how quiet recruiting is right now maybe our coaches feel pretty good about their changes with Jordy. 

This...we have three open scholarships if AWIII leaves.  I think we would be hearing something about other players/transfers, etc.  So maybe (hopefully) the silence means our coaches have this under control...while I go insane.

This...we have three open scholarships if AWIII leaves.  I think we would be hearing something about other players/transfers, etc.  So maybe (hopefully) the silence means our coaches have this under control...while I go insane.

Or at least they think they have it under control.

They might have an idea of what else is out there and worth waiting to see what happens with Jordy before doing anything.

I feel like our coaching staff is playing Texas Hold'm like on tv and they haven't gone all in yet, but the pot is large, they haven't seen the last two cards, and they just went to comercial. 

You know how it looks on tv, with Van Patton in the background talking.

I just pictured Tim Miles yelling all in as he wears one of these: Accountant-Hat1.jpg

I feel like our coaching staff is playing Texas Hold'm like on tv and they haven't gone all in yet, but the pot is large, they haven't seen the last two cards, and they just went to comercial. 

I never knew until just now when I looked him up on Wikipedia that he's Dick Van Patten's son.  Interesting.

Also, I always find it hilarious how Mike Sexton always calls him "Vance" on WPT.  Reminds me of how Doc always said "Sack" Henry.

I never knew until just now when I looked him up on Wikipedia that he's Dick Van Patten's son.  Interesting.

Also, I always find it hilarious how Mike Sexton always calls him "Vance" on WPT.  Reminds me of how Doc always said "Sack" Henry.

Hope Jordy decides soon. This side-show has run its course.