Basketball vs Football success

Buglem

Basketball vs Football  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these will happen first?

• Husker football team wins BIG championship
    • Nebrasketball wins a game in the Dance

After the debacle of a football game, I started wondering about our success on the hardwood versus the gridiron. Which of these do you honestly think will happen first based on what we are seeing from both programs right now?

I'd go with the football team. Saturday's game not withstanding, next year's team is lining up to be pretty good. As long as they shore up some holes on defense. Ohio State will be eligible again, but I'm not buying into them being so dominant next year. They'll lose a lot.

Basketball I believe is on the right track, but it's still going to be a couple of years before they get running full steam.

I voted basketball.

Just because Saturday shows that just because you get lucky enough to get to the game, you might lay an egg.

Basketball has a better chance ONCE we get to the show, because we might get a better draw or an easier game.

The football game is going to be against a very good team, most times. While if you have a good enough season to get to the big dance you might get a very beatable draw.

I went basketball basically because winning a tourney game is a lower bar than winning a conference.

This was our opportunity to win the conference, and with all of our losses on defense & the o-line, plus playing @ Michigan, I don't llike our chances next year. And then we have a first year qb the year after that.

I know everyone is reeling after that beatdown, but in all reality we are trading Ohio State and Wisconsin off the schedule for Illinois and Purdue next year. We potentially only have 3 road games.

NEBRASKA CORNHUSKERS

FOOTBALL SCHEDULE

Aug 31 Wyoming at Nebraska TBA

Sept. 7 Nebraska at Southern Miss TBA

Sept. 14 UCLA at Nebraska TBA

Oct. 5 Illinois at Nebraska TBA

Oct. 12 Nebraska at Purdue TBA

Oct. 19 Bye Week TBA

Oct. 26 Nebraska at Minnesota TBA

Nov. 2 Northwestern at Nebraska TBA

Nov. 9 Nebraska at Michigan TBA

Nov. 16 Michigan State at Nebraska TBA

Nov. 23 Nebraska at Penn State TBA

Nov. 30 Iowa at Nebraska TBA

Dec. 7 Big Ten Championship TBA

I'm not sure we have the squad to do it but we have the schedule to play for a national championship.

After the debacle of a football game, I started wondering about our success on the hardwood versus the gridiron. Which of these do you honestly think will happen first based on what we are seeing from both programs right now?

Football.

Despite Saturday's debacle NU will be the favorite to win their division next year...and probably should. We could win out next year and still just be okay as our schedule is not very good next year.

I know everyone is reeling after that beatdown, but in all reality we are trading Ohio State and Wisconsin off the schedule for Illinois and Purdue next year. We potentially only have 3 road games.

NEBRASKA CORNHUSKERS

FOOTBALL SCHEDULE

Aug 31 Wyoming at Nebraska TBA

Sept. 7 Nebraska at Southern Miss TBA

Sept. 14 UCLA at Nebraska TBA

Oct. 5 Illinois at Nebraska TBA

Oct. 12 Nebraska at Purdue TBA

Oct. 19 Bye Week TBA

Oct. 26 Nebraska at Minnesota TBA

Nov. 2 Northwestern at Nebraska TBA

Nov. 9 Nebraska at Michigan TBA

Nov. 16 Michigan State at Nebraska TBA

Nov. 23 Nebraska at Penn State TBA

Nov. 30 Iowa at Nebraska TBA

Dec. 7 Big Ten Championship TBA

I'm not sure we have the squad to do it but we have the schedule to play for a national championship.

Yet, to win the B1G Championship Game, we'll have to defeat Ohio State. That's not going to happen again any time soon. We might get there next year based on the crappy schedule, but we won't do much once we're there.

Yet, to win the B1G Championship Game, we'll have to defeat Ohio State. That's not going to happen again any time soon. We might get there next year based on the crappy schedule, but we won't do much once we're there.

If we are fortunate enough to play the in the title next year we would have to hope for Miller to be injured. But as it has been proven over and over and over again in a Championship type setting aything can happen. I don't think anyone expected Texas to beat us in 96', I don't think anyone expected Texas to need a game winning FG against us in 09', and I dont think anyone expected us to lose by 39 points last Saturday. Our offense next year is going to be really really good, if we can somehow get a few young guys to step up on defense we might have a shot at a very good year.