Morrow is N

BannedAccount

Morrow says he's up to 6-7 1/2 without shoes, and thinks he still is growing. That's plenty tall enough to play PF in college.

I think we got ourselves a steal.

It's so much about want-to and the size of the fight in the dog.  He's got a great motor.  He'll be able to post up guys his size and he'll be able to take bigger bigs off the dribble.  Love the match-up issues he creates.  Great first step.  Finishes well.  Great handles for a kid his size.  Has a nose for the rim.  Off the charts athleticism.

He's like a turbocharged Shavon Shields.

Morrow says he's up to 6-7 1/2 without shoes, and thinks he still is growing. That's plenty tall enough to play PF in college.

He also measured in with a 7'0" wing span at the LeBron James Skills Academy. For comparisons sake, he needs to add a little muscle, but his measurements are nearly identical to that of his old Mac Irvin and Simeon counterpart, Jabari Parker.

It's so much about want-to and the size of the fight in the dog.  He's got a great motor.  He'll be able to post up guys his size and he'll be able to take bigger bigs off the dribble.  Love the match-up issues he creates.  Great first step.  Finishes well.  Great handles for a kid his size.  Has a nose for the rim.  Off the charts athleticism.

He's like a turbocharged Shavon Shields.

Also will be able to show and recover on pick and roll situations incredibly well.  Just a beautiful thing to land him. 

I would guess what we thought took him so long to commit after his visit this weekend is that he probably wanted to call the other teams recruiting him and let them know first hand on what he was doing before they heard it from some twitter account or a recruiting site.

Cannnnnnn-Yooooooooooooouuuuuuuu-Feeeeeeeeel-ittttttttt!

Was chatting with a friend who golfs with some people from the Iowa basketball offices. Sounds like the Hawkeyes knew Morrow was Nebraska bound but also were nervous that if Illinois struck out on the 5 stars they're after that they were going to swoop in late.

Just passing it along.

Man, I think I've got a man crush on this kid already.  Love how humble he is.  As someone else said, quiet, confident, no twitter, does his talking on the floor and simply out works people.  Just the kind of kid I'd want on my team. 

Below is the article from today's Chicago Tribune on the commitment with some quotes from his coach including his inside view on where we want to play EM:

Nebraska would prefer Morrow as a small forward rather than an undersized four.

“I think they are trying to turn him into a three so he can get minutes,” Smith said. “I think eventually he will end up being a three.”

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/highschool/chi-simeons-ed-morrow-picks-nebraska-basketball-20140922-story.html

I keep pinching myself to see if this is all real. Nebraska IS becoming a basketball school. So many said it could never happen. Both men's and women's basketball have a tremendous class lined up for next year. The future is certainly bright for both hoops teams. PBA will be a rocking atmosphere the next few years. I AM PUMPED!

https://nebraska.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1684401

There's an interview done by Robin Washut.

As mentioned a couple of times already, he seems like a stand-up individual. The interview makes it clear that he is concerned about his development as a whole person (academics, relationships, athletics, etc.). Very impressive, especially given the way some college athletes fail to show the same maturity (c.f. Jameis Winston). Suffice it to say I'm pleased with him both as a player and as an individual. Impressive, classy work by Coach Miles.

I'm jacked to see him on the court in husker red!