2016 C Barret Benson -> Northwestern

ShortDust

Let's keep the chicago pipeline up and running

I think Molinari's connections and Kenya's recruiting abilities will open up Illinois big time for NU.

Molinari may end up being a much bigger and more solid hire than we will ever know. Not just for his coaching, which I think is very good, but for his Chicago and Illinois connections, we now can get a foot in the door and I think our guys are closers when that happens.

I mean that guy was a college assistant or head coach of D1 basketball in the state of Illinois for 27 years.  Thats longer than some of the posters on here are age wise. 

Well ... some of them not named Norm Peterson.  Ahem.

Of course, I'm a mere pup compared with jimmykc.

I think Molinari's connections and Kenya's recruiting abilities will open up Illinois big time for NU.

Molinari may end up being a much bigger and more solid hire than we will ever know. Not just for his coaching, which I think is very good, but for his Chicago and Illinois connections, we now can get a foot in the door and I think our guys are closers when that happens.

I mean that guy was a college assistant or head coach of D1 basketball in the state of Illinois for 27 years.  Thats longer than some of the posters on here are age wise. 

I have underwear that is 27 years old.  Molinari was a solid hire.  Going to be fun watching this staff work it's magic

According to 247 Sports:

Nebraska next for four-star Benson

In the middle of a trio of unofficial visits, Barret Benson will check out Nebraska this weekend.

A 6-8, 237-pound post player from Darien (Ill.) Hinsdale South High School, Benson visited Kansas State last weekend and will trip to Iowa State the weekend after this weekend's visit to Nebraska.

He is ranked No. 89 in the Top 247 and No. 161 in the 247Sports Composite.

I have underwear that is 27 years old.  Molinari was a solid hire.  Going to be fun watching this staff work it's magic

How do you make 'em last that long?  Mine wear out after 10, maybe 15 years tops!  (Before they get, uhm, re-purposed.)

How do you make 'em last that long?  Mine wear out after 10, maybe 15 years tops!

Norm at my age there are days I just forget to put any on!

Now back to topic, Benson looks like he'd be a good addition to the class!

According to 247 Sports:

In the middle of a trio of unofficial visits, Barret Benson will check out Nebraska this weekend.

A 6-8, 237-pound post player from Darien (Ill.) Hinsdale South High School, Benson visited Kansas State last weekend and will trip to Iowa State the weekend after this weekend's visit to Nebraska.

Any Barrett Benson sightings yet this weekend?

According to 247 Sports:

Any Barrett Benson sightings yet this weekend?

sounds like a mix up.  He visited THE OTHER NU in the league Northwestern this weekend.

• 6 months later...

From an April 11, 2015, article:

Benson had a number coaches sitting courtside keeping tabs on his progress. Following a 55-42 win over Team Felton, Benson listed offers from DePaul, Penn State, Oregon State, Indiana, Kansas State, Nebraska, Northwestern and Illinois. He plans to get out and see some schools for unofficial visits during May.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Recruiting: Nebraska Cornhuskers Are In A Fight For Center Barret Benson - BT Powerhouse

http://www.btpowerhouse.com/recruiting/2015/5/26/8644003/recruiting-nebraska-cornhuskers-are-in-a-fight-for-center-barret-big-ten-basketball

Nebraska Cornhuskers head coach Tim Miles is looking to get stronger up front. What would center Barret Benson do offensively for the Cornhuskers if they could land the prospect?

• 1 month later...