Watson is N

Huskerpapa

Was lurking at an Illinois message board, and they're very complimentary of Watson as a player, even though Illinois never showed much interest. Groce, apparently, prefers combo guards and they're in on the top two point guards in the nation.

The posters seem to question Watson's athleticism and shooting ability, but really liked his ability to be a true point guard.

Estimated numbers from memory based on my son reading it off his phone 2 hours ago: Nebraska's national recruiting class rank on 247 went up like 35 places from 50 something to 22nd after this signing. Morrow will put us up to?

Verbal. He hasn't signed anything yet.

But I love to see those numbers!

We didn't want him, he really isn't that good, to slow, not tall enough, list of offers wasn't.  Err wait, never mind.  Not use to this 4 star verbal stuff!!!  This is fun.  Welcome Mr Watson!!!!!!

Creighton just went from "WE REALLY WANT THIS GUY" to "This guy is awful."

If I see any of that malarky on BJU I'll be sure to call them out, but please don't make that sort of thing up. I haven't seen anything resembling that sort of talk from Creighton fans. Everyone I know from CU wanted him pretty bad. There's been some 'we don't need him as bad as NU does' which, in a way, is ironic since NU will have 2 more PG's (3 with Glynn) on its roster than Creighton next fall, but certain people will always look for some type of rationale to ease the sting of losing a recruiting battle

We didn't want him, he really isn't that good, to slow, not tall enough, list of offers wasn't.  Err wait, never mind.  Not use to this 4 star verbal stuff!!!  This is fun.  Welcome Mr Watson!!!!!!

Creighton just went from "WE REALLY WANT THIS GUY" to "This guy is awful."

If I see any of that malarky on BJU I'll be sure to call them out, but please don't make that sort of thing up. I haven't seen anything resembling that sort of talk from Creighton fans. Everyone I know from CU wanted him pretty bad. There's been some 'we don't need him as bad as NU does' which, in a way, is ironic since NU will have 2 more PG's (3 with Glynn) on its roster than Creighton next fall, but certain people will always look for some type of rationale to ease the sting of losing a recruiting battle

This was a tongue-in-cheek comment. Seems this is the generic response from some of our "rivals" every time someone commits.

Fair response though.